event at Netroots Nation

ruthhmiller

24 Jan, 2012 05:39 PM

I would like to present a poetry reading of Liberty’s Vigil, The Occupy Anthology, 99 Poets among the 99% at the Netroots Nation convention in Providence June 7 through June 10, 2012. The Anthology, just published January 15, contains poems from just about every place in the USA where there was an Occupy venue and some international ones. A poem of mine was included, “Dewey Square.” I would love to have everyone read one of the poems, along with one of theirs.
Can anyone give me information about how set up such an event, schedule it, get a room, get listed in the schedule and advertise.
My use name is ruthhmiller. My real name is Alice Weiss.

1. 1 Posted by OLinda on 24 Jan, 2012 06:18 PM

Alice, Netroots Nation has a Web page where you can submit your idea:

http://www.netrootsnation.org/proposals

You will find links to detailed information on proposing a panel, a panel submission FAQ, and a link to a form to submit a panel for consideration.

There is also an email address if you have questions.

On the home page of NN, at the top, they link to an archived Speedcast where they discussed the process of submitting a panel, training session, or film. You could watch the archive, or join in the next one scheduled for January 26, 2PM ET if you have questions.

NN Home Page:
    http://www.netrootsnation.org/

The deadline for submissions is Jan. 31, so you could join the Speedcast for more information, and still have time to submit your proposal.

2. 2 Posted by ruthhmiller on 24 Jan, 2012 09:42 PM

Dear Olinda
    After I sent my question to you I remembered that there were emails in my inbox from Netroots and I clicked and discovered to my great happiness that I am not too late to submit proposals.
    Now I have another question for you. I have been trying to attach myself to a literary group on dailykos.com
    But I can't figure out how to do it.
    Alice

3. 3 Posted by OLinda on 24 Jan, 2012 10:29 PM

Dear Alice, So glad you found the information you need for a Netroots Nation proposal. I love poetry.

I hope I am understanding your next question correctly.

You can follow a group so that you don't miss their diaries by clicking the small heart icon that is near the group name. That will cause diaries by the group to go into your stream page so you don't miss them.

If you want to join a group so that you can post your own diaries to the group, you need to send a message to one of the Admins to the group asking to join.

You can send a message to the group, but we have found lately that you get faster results if you send directly to an Admin of the group.

For an example, here is the Readers and Book Lovers group.

http://www.dailykos.com/blog/Readers%20and%20Book%20Lovers

To Follow the group, click the small heart that appears after the group name.

To Join the group, you can click "Members" which will take you to the page that lists the Admins, Editors, and Contributors of the group as shown here for the Book Lovers group:

http://www.dailykos.com/group/Readers%20and%20Book%20Lovers/prefs

Pick one of the Admins and click their name to go to their profile page. From there you can send the Admin a message telling them you are interested in joining their group. The "send message" link is near the top by their name.

They should send back and invitation for you to accept or decline.

It would be good also when you click over to an Admin's page, to click their "Comments" link to make sure they have been active on the site lately. You can see the dates of their comments on the comments page. You want to pick an Admin that you know is currently posting so as not to delay your request.

(If you decide to join a group, you would most likely also want to follow it by clicking the heart so you will not miss their diaries.)

Please let me know if I have made this sound confusing, or if I can help you find the page and an Admin for the group you are interested in.

OLinda

4. System closed this discussion on 12 Dec, 2016 09:24 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac