Relating to how to change my profile name?

DanielNB

14 Aug, 2018 05:20 PM

Hi,
I've read on a previous post somewhere that there's no way to change the profile name. The best that can be done is to delete the membership, and then start over.
But when I looked for how to delete my membership, so I can get on with the recommended process, what I see is that there's no way to do that either. That post (if I understood it correctly) said that I'd have to abstain from visiting your site until some automatic process takes some unspecified time to finally delete the account. And if I don't check in, I don't know how I'd even find out when that eventually happened. This seems unreasonable - is there anyway to speed this up?
Thanks.

1. 1 Posted by Nova Land on 14 Aug, 2018 07:14 PM

I'm not help desk, just a member like you, but I think I can help you with this one. (Someone from the help desk should be along at some point to answer your question, but they have a lot of other responsibilities besides answering the questions in this section so sometimes it takes a while before they are able to respond.)

My understanding is that you don't need to delete your old account (since there is no way to delete it). All you have to do is permanently stop using it.

If you completely refrain from using the old account, then the creation and use of a new account is permitted. Using the old account after creating the new account would be a bannable offense, but as long as you haven't been banned and aren't on time out then abandoning an old account and starting a new account is okay.

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Moderator1 on 14 Aug, 2018 10:15 PM

DanielNB:

The above advice is correct.

Simply permanently abandon your old account and begin with a new one.

3. Moderator1 closed this discussion on 14 Aug, 2018 10:15 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac