How can you add a video to a blogpost?

ottovr

31 Jul, 2018 03:18 PM

I have searched this question, but don't see any tutorial or explanation other than videos cannot 'autostart'. There is no explanation when I search as to how to add a video to a blogpost. It's kind of important for the blogpost I wish to post, as I want to place a 30 year-old music video called 'The Oliver Twist' to respond to the choice of Oliver North as the President of the NRA and connect that to the unbelievable Trump policy of approving the placing of blueprints to make 3D guns online, such as 'The Liberator' available so that un traceable guns can be produced with a 3D printer. HELP!!!

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 31 Jul, 2018 09:34 PM

Hello, and thanks for asking. You are right that it's less transparent than it should be, how to embed videos.

But it's also true that we don't whitelist many different video sources. YouTube and Vimeo videos, however, should embed easily in a story (or comment). Either paste the URL directly into the text editor, OR paste the embed code into the dialog box that pops up if you click on the little embed icon -- which is in the second, usually hidden row of tools in the toolbar. (To open the second row, click on the downward-pointing arrow on the right end of the row that is always evident. Sorry that it's so obscure, but this route is almost vestigial at this point.) See attached screenshot for an example of what you see if you click the </> icon.

Did you have a different kind of source in mind?

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac