What do people mean by "kosmail?"

Franks Human

17 Jul, 2018 02:52 AM

I have seen references to "kosmail," and I'm seeking clarity. I think it means the mail with petitions, etc., that we get, but when I just did a search in discussions and knowledge base other possibilities came up. I saw users saying, "When I try to send kosmail....."

So here is my question: Is there a kosmail address that I may have access to do but don't know about? Is there an email that I as Frank's Human can send out to people?

(I could use that, I realize lately, to possibly interview people for some things I am writing, for example.)

While I don't think that's what it refers to, I'm trying to be sure I'm not missing out on something.

1. 1 Posted by Eyesbright on 17 Jul, 2018 03:14 AM

"Kos mail" is messages sent to or from Daily Kos community members on the Daily Kos site. You can access yours by finding (and clicking on) the envelope icon that you'll find on the Front Page at the top right of the page. It's next to your user name but it's gray and does sort of blend in.

I'll send you a quick "Hello" right now so you'll have a message in your kos mail box waiting for you!

2. 2 Posted by Timaeus on 17 Jul, 2018 06:37 AM

And you'll see on the upper right margin that there's a flag on your messages symbol, which means you have a new message.

3. 3 Posted by Franks Human on 17 Jul, 2018 06:41 AM

Oh, okay, thank you both. I have used this and didn't realize that it was called this.

I was actually hoping there was an email system because I was wanting to reach out to people (related to the post I just put up, which is about disability accessibility issues) in the "real world," but retain my private identity.

But now I get it. Thank you both.

4. 4 Posted by Franks Human on 17 Jul, 2018 06:50 AM

By the way, I'm feeling particularly silly because now this is obvious.... But also, I just finished telling people in the post I published to "private message" me if they didn't want to comment. :)

But I'm glad to have this clarified.

5. Moderator1 closed this discussion on 17 Jul, 2018 11:38 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac