Is there a moderator in the house???

Rebekah (unverified)

11 Jun, 2018 06:31 AM

I want to know why the Rules of the Road state that this is a Democratic Site... Why not a Progressive Site for all Progressive minded individuals, because not all of use are registered Democrats. I'm an independent as are both my parents and while we have never voted for a republican simply because they are so back sdrowssa. Setting that standard for people who subscribe to your Daily Kos Email Blast limits and alienates those of use who are independents. It makes us feel unwanted by the Democratic Party, that our voices don't matter or are less because we don't register as Democrats. Try to address this in your next Kos Briefing with your people and maybe come to an agreement that not all progressive people are Democrats and try to implement some changes at least to the fine print on your site. Thanks for taking the time to read all the way through my long letter.

1. 1 Posted by Timaeus on 11 Jun, 2018 04:17 PM

This site has been dedicated to electing Democrats for 15 years. It's never going to change.
    As a liberal Democrat who has always found the label "progressive" to be kind of pretentious and self-regarding, that's fine with me.

2. 2 Posted by Nova Land on 11 Jun, 2018 07:08 PM

The purpose of this site is to elect more and better Democrats, so this is a Democratic site in that sense.

But one does not need to be a registered Democrat to be a member or to participate in discussions, and many respected members aren't.

What is against the rules is urging people not to vote for Democrats. It's also against the rules to post things which are intended to undercut support for Democrats (such as posting comments or diaries putting forth right-wing talking points).

But as long as someone follows the basic site rules and contributes constructively to the conversations here, their participation is welcome. That's my understanding, at least.

3. Moderator1 closed this discussion on 12 Jun, 2018 11:05 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac