Donations

Roger Davis (unverified)

11 Jun, 2018 12:36 AM

I'm having a terrible time trying to determine the the quality of organizations I might choose to donate to. The only source I've found so far is "OpenSecrets.org", but it is sporadic with info, and difficult to interpret. I really need more input that it can provide.

How can I determine the honesty and value of an organization, PAC, etc. in general, and to the causes I'm interested in?

Thanks!

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 12 Jun, 2018 03:25 PM

Hello, and thanks for asking.

It's an excellent question, and we don't have a quick answer for you here. But this is also exactly the kind of question that you might post on the main site and receive just the information you'd like in return.

Site readers don't always realize that a considerable amount of content is community-written, and that non-staff writers can post stories here. But all the posts written by people with the designation Community under their bylines are indeed created by site members, not staff, and that group could include you.

If you don't already have a user account here, it's pretty easy to get one. Click on the Sign up button at the top of any page and follow the prompts. Here's the direct link: https://www.dailykos.com/users/signup

In case you'd like some tips about writing a post: https://helpdesk.dailykos.com/kb/general-tutorials/getting-started-...

If you have any questions about either process, please feel free to return here.

Thanks for your interest in and support of the mission of Daily Kos.

2. Daily Kos Staff closed this discussion on 12 Jun, 2018 03:25 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac