Clickbait warning banner in Facebook

normwrght

26 Apr, 2018 05:41 PM

I would rather not share messages to my Facebook pages that say the content may not be reliable (Clickbait). Is there a way to bypass this? Has DailyKos asked Facebook to stop doing this?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 26 Apr, 2018 06:14 PM

Hello, and thanks for asking.

I'll raise it with other staff to confirm, but as far as I know we have no way to influence Facebook's algorithms about their labeling.

2. Daily Kos Staff closed this discussion on 26 Apr, 2018 06:14 PM.

3. Daily Kos Staff re-opened this discussion on 27 Apr, 2018 06:17 PM

4. Support Staff 2 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 27 Apr, 2018 06:17 PM

Hello again.

This is unfamiliar enough for our other staff to prompt us to ask you for more details, if you would be so kind to supply them.

Did you try to share a Daily Kos story and get that message before FB allowed the share to be completed?
    If so, what story was it? Can you also please send us a screenshot of the message Facebook gave you?

Thanks for your help in tracking down this odd behavior.

5. 3 Posted by Judyjan on 22 Sep, 2018 11:49 PM

This was on every Daily Kos post on my FB page today. Clickbait??????

Daily Kos
    24 mins ·
    He makes an excellent point.

 ⚠️ Warning: This may not be a reliable source. (Clickbait)

About this website
    DAILYKOS.COM
    Beto O'Rourke blasts Ted Cruz: 'Tell me, who can miss half the days at work and be rehired'
    Sen. Ted Cruz is about as genuine as a 4 dollar bill. That fact has presented itself time and time again. As Texas’ November election comes closer and closer, Cruz has found his once comfortable lead over Democrat Beto O’Rourke evaporate. This has been...
    14 Comments77 Shares
    Comment

6. 4 Posted by Judyjan on 03 Oct, 2018 11:45 PM

I rely on the articles I get from Daily Kos. But every one of your posts on Facebook is flagged as Clickbait. If I try to post an article from Daily Kos, it ends up with the red flag again saying it may be clickbait and is unreliable. How can this be stopped? I want to share the great articles from this site, but it's going to make recipients think that it's a scam.

7. 5 Posted by Besame on 04 Oct, 2018 06:26 PM

I am not the Help Desk but was curious about your question. I had turned off Facebook sharing and always paste the DK url directly into my FB post instead of using the button on the DK story. So I turned on the FB share app to check this out. I just shared a story straight from DK to FB using the DK FB share icon and didn't receive any kind of warning at all. I have good security software on my laptop but no ad blocker. This problem might be specific to you although I'm not clever enough to understand how that can happen.

For DK help desk in case this matters, I'm on MacBook Pro OS High Sierra 0.13.6, Chrome browser 69.0.3497.100

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac