No Recent Diaries and no comments

pucklady

16 Apr, 2018 10:08 AM

Are you guys working on the site now? All evening, I just see Front Page articles only. The whole right side of the page is blank. No Recent Diaries, no Rec List (maybe that's a good thing). And when I click on any diary, I get two copies of the top part of the diary - two headings and two lead images and then the rest of the diary.

Is this what you had in mind or is this some kind of glitch? I've seen this before, but it generally goes away after a bit - like you are working on something and got the site honked up for a while, but it's been this way all evening now.

1. 1 Posted by Munchkn on 16 Apr, 2018 01:51 PM

I'm having a similar problem, pucklady. I get the Front Page just fine and the list of diaries on the right, but I frequently can't access them. The page will be blank/won't load. If i does load, I can't see any comments.

What's also weird is that this happens only on my Mac and not my iPad. Yeah, I could log in on my iPad except that I don't remember my password.

2. 2 Posted by pucklady on 16 Apr, 2018 09:42 PM

BTW - it's happening again today. Different computer. Chrome browser.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 17 Apr, 2018 05:25 PM

Hello, and thanks for asking.

Sorry that you're both having difficulty getting the site to work properly for you. I can at least confirm that it's not a site-wide issue.

When you experience a poor site load, it's almost always the result of one or the other of these problems: an overfull or stale cache, or an incompatible extension or add-on.

Try clearing your cache and cookies for the site first, then close your browser and reboot your computer. If you're on the site regularly, it's a good idea to do this routinely. The site pushes a lot of data to local storage to facilitate site loading and updating, so the cache does get a workout.

To see if you have an incompatible extension, open the site while you're in a private or incognito window. That process disables all your extensions, so if the site does load well then you have confirmation that there is now something getting in the way. If that's the case, then you'll have to think about whether the last add-on you installed is worth maintaining all the time, or see about disabling it just for Daily Kos.

Hope these ideas help. Thanks for your support of the site.

4. Daily Kos Staff closed this discussion on 17 Apr, 2018 05:25 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac