Why does my mojo keep on going down to level 3 immediately when it hits level 4?

UserNumber4096

09 Apr, 2018 07:00 PM

I am confused, and I would like to know what it is in the mojo system that causes this.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 09 Apr, 2018 07:57 PM

Hello, and thanks for asking.

We have both a long answer and a short answer.

Mojo contains a lot of moving parts and it is supposed to collect a holistic view of participation on the site. It's a robot, so it's not very smart - that is, it's not actually reading your words and seeing how much you contribute, only using a handful of indicators that we can easily measure that we've seen as correlating with "people appreciate reading this user's content" and "this person helps others find good content and good site users" and "this person generally knows the rules and won't abuse them."

Some of these will increase with time (like how long you've been a member) and some decay with time (in particular, positive ratings for comments you've written). If you haven't taken an action that might change your mojo in a while, it may have been cached. So any action (even a recommend) can have the effect of recalculating your mojo and in some cases then causing you to lose Trusted User (TU) status.

There's not any functional difference between having four bars or three bars of mojo, since three will suffice to make you a TU.

Short answer: The general information above, explaining how the mojo calculations work, also correlates closely with our overall guidelines about being a supportive site member. There's not much to worry about in any case as long as you remain a TU.

2. Daily Kos Staff closed this discussion on 09 Apr, 2018 07:57 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac