Need Detailed Directions: Publishing To A Group

Pamela S K Glasner

28 Mar, 2018 06:01 PM

I am able to publish my diaries to my own page, but cannot get them published in a group. They show up in the group queue, but they show up as "unscheduled" and there is no live link for me to do anything else with them from that point on. I got a note once on one of my diaries from a group member saying she'd posted my diary to the group, but only noticed that it was there, in the queue, by chance.

Now I have to keep writing to someone in the group and ask them to do it for me -- but that's not right.

Oh -- BTW -- I do choose a group to publish it to just before I hit "publish" in the "New Diary" section. But, as I said, that gets it into the queue, and no further.

I am technologically pathetic, so I really need detailed, step-by-step directions on how to do this properly, so that my diaries show up on my own page as well as the chosen group page. Is there any such thing? Thanks!!!

1. 1 Posted by Eyesbright on 28 Mar, 2018 06:55 PM

The first thing that comes to mind is that in order to actually publish (technically "republish) to a group, you must be either a Blog Admin or a Blog Editor for that group. As simply a Contributor, you can republish your diary to the blog's queue but that's all.

It sounds like what you're doing is fine and you've done what you have "permission" to do in that group. You're brand new (just joined this month) and you did the right thing by coming to the Help Desk to ask about this.

Note that you can see who is a Blog Admin/Blog Editor for a group by using the list of Groups listed on your profile (meaning you're a member of those groups). Click on a group name listed there. That takes you to the specific group's page. Look on the right side of that page and find Members. Clicking on that will show all the members of that group and their status in the group (Blog Admin, Blog Editor, Contributor). Also keep an eye on the date that shows for Last Diary published. If it's been a long time since that last diary, that person may not be currently active at Daily Kos (that's not a hard-and-fast rule but it's a good indicator for a fast guess on who would respond most quickly to an inquiry from you).

You can ask to be made a Blog Editor (so that you can republish to that group).

I'm not the Help Desk, just a long time user (and blog admin/blog editor on several groups). Lots of us try to help when we can.

2. 2 Posted by Pamela S K Glas... on 28 Mar, 2018 07:08 PM

You're a a long time user, blog admin, blog editor, and now my "official" hero!

Thank you. It's good to know I was doing it right and that I'm not *quite* as pathetic as I feared!

3. 3 Posted by Eyesbright on 28 Mar, 2018 07:50 PM

Well, that made my day! Thanks, Pamela!

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 28 Mar, 2018 08:32 PM

Awww!
    Nicely done, Eyesbright. Thanks, Pamela, for asking.

5. Daily Kos Staff closed this discussion on 28 Mar, 2018 08:32 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac