Broken Link, Ignore Function?

Chartreuxe

18 Mar, 2018 06:31 PM

Today I was reviewing the page about trolls and banning and there was a link about Trollquotes or Trollrates which is a page 404. Just FYI, someone should fix it.

Also, I was wondering if there's an Ignore Function I couldn't find? I nearly lost my temper with a poster who just got banned. Sometimes I'd rather ignore someone like that who's deliberately pushing my buttons than take a chance of losing my temper.. I would have ignored him if I could have done.

Thanks,

C

1. 1 Posted by siab on 18 Mar, 2018 08:32 PM

There is no Ignore Function, with the minor exception of a Block link on Kosmail. Nor is there ever likely to be, considering the number of comments and commenters it would have to deal with. It can be a very useful thing, I find - I have a LOT fewer buttons than I used to, after being on DK for eight years.

If you were looking at one of the previous articles on Trolls, such as the ones in Kosopedia, they're as much for historical interest as anything. If that error was in one of the current links for Rules of the Road, it definitely needs to be checked, but a link to the page you were looking at would be helpful for when Staff gets back on Monday. In the meantime, I'm simply another user answering, since it's the weekend.

2. 2 Posted by Chartreuxe on 19 Mar, 2018 03:22 AM

It's a Troll Ratings hotlink on this page:

https://helpdesk.dailykos.com/kb/other-problems/why-have-i-been-banned-or-warned-why-was-user-x-banned-why-wasnt-user-y-banned

It goes to a 404, Page Not Found error.

The link is broken. Someone should fix it or perhaps edit the page?

C

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 20 Mar, 2018 09:46 PM

Thanks for checking that link! We'll investigate and update as appropriate.

And no, there are no plans for an Ignore option, sorry.

4. Daily Kos Staff closed this discussion on 20 Mar, 2018 09:46 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac