Use of Screen Shots

Paradigm Change

26 Feb, 2018 04:59 PM

I tried to use a screen shot from an embeded video in the story I posted yesterday, but was unable to do so. It was there in the draft then disappeared when I saved it and came back. I had seen this done elsewhere on Kos but could not figure out how it was done. Could not find the answer searching here. Fortunately one of the site images was probably better. Did it have something to do with not having an attribution or was it the wrong type of file? Two copies of the picture are in my site image folder. Just a good link to the right discussion here would help.

Also, can you send message to more than member at a time? If so how? I am interested in starting a new group and it would help to speed up communications, although there are obvious alternatives, such as gmail. Thanks.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 27 Feb, 2018 11:27 PM

Hello, and thanks for asking these two good questions.

As for the screenshot, I'm not entirely sure. I don't know the answer immediately, so I will do some more digging. The formats we support are .jpeg., .png, and .gif, so you were fine on that score. It's a puzzle so far.

As for the second question, the answer is no, not exactly. That is, you can't send messages to more than one INDIVIDUAL Daily Kos user at once. But you CAN send a message to a Daily Kos group.

This is a timely question, because I know that we're about to post some resources about Daily Kos group formation and participation. In the meantime, are there any groups on the site that you'd like to join? That route can help you get acclimated to the whole process, too.

I'll leave this thread open for more comments, in case some of the site users are quicker to reply in depth.

2. 2 Posted by Paradigm Change on 28 Feb, 2018 12:54 AM

Well I used Paint to convert the screen shot to jpeg, and it worked fine in the draft but then disappeared. Sorry I did not make it clear that I had already posted the story with one of the site images, so its only an issue for the future but I do want to embed a Justice Souter talk from youtube sometime in the future. Do not waste too much time on it on my account. I can always work around the problem.

I will look into joining a group as well as forming a new group sooner rather than later so that is going to solve my problem. If all my followers join, the group would already have 15 members.

Thanks

3. Moderator1 closed this discussion on 22 Mar, 2018 12:24 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac