Is there a way to find diaries I've read but not rec'd?

just passing by

24 Jan, 2018 07:55 PM

I've poked around and can't find a way to see diaries I've already read (I want to refer to something I read in a government shutdown diary). I used the search feature but it doesn't show which of the resulting diaries I've already read. Any help appreciated. Thanks.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 24 Jan, 2018 08:17 PM

Hello, and thanks for asking.

No, unfortunately, there's no function that would work in the way you're asking about here. When you're looking at a page, the color of the headline will be different if you've opened the link to the story -- with certain important limitations. 1) Unopened = black; opened = brown; 2) the color change shows up with headlines in the sidebar or the pull-down displays only, not on the headline for the full story page/blog page; 3) it's browser-dependent. So, not of any help for the kind of review you're discussing, unfortunately.

However, you might be able to figure it out if you want to check your browser history. Usually, browsers will let you search your history for certain words, so that could be a productive strategy for you.

Hope that helps.

2. Daily Kos Staff closed this discussion on 24 Jan, 2018 08:17 PM.

3. just passing by re-opened this discussion on 24 Jan, 2018 08:54 PM

4. 2 Posted by just passing by on 24 Jan, 2018 08:54 PM

Thanks for the reminder about history! Jeez I look at a lot of websites :-). Didn't find what I was looking for but that's on me. Appreciate the help.

5. Support Staff 3 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 24 Jan, 2018 09:22 PM

You're welcome.

6. Daily Kos Staff closed this discussion on 24 Jan, 2018 09:22 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac