trump king image

K Coats (unverified)

08 Jan, 2018 07:32 PM

I teach a class on American Government and would like to use your image in my presentation. May I have your permission?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 08 Jan, 2018 11:31 PM

Thanks for asking. It is a -- remarkable -- image, I agree.

The uploader of that image is a user named panom71. When they uploaded that image to our site Image Library, they used the default license setting, stipulating that it would be for Daily Kos use only.

We don't know where that image came from, which also means we don't know who the copyright holder might be (except that it's not us). It's obviously an appealing and topical meme, and there are many other, similar, options available online -- including some already in public domain.

If you have a user account here already, you could try sending a Kosmail (a private message on the site) to this user, panom71, to ask for permission -- though, again, it's unclear that they are indeed the actual copyright holder. Feel free to return with more questions if you're unfamiliar with the process.

Thanks for being respectful of intellectual property rights. They're too easily dismissed nowadays.

2. Daily Kos Staff closed this discussion on 08 Jan, 2018 11:31 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac