I want to give a gift subscription to someone who is not already a Daily Kos member

boblite

26 Dec, 2017 06:39 AM

I want to give a gift subscription to my sister in law who (as far as I know) is not a Daily Kos member.

I would like her to receive an e-mail saying something like "Robert Lightbourne is giving you a one year subscription to a fun website called Daily Kos that is aimed at electing Democrats and discussing political issues. Please invent a user name and give us a try. The best way to check us out is to look at new articles and comment on them if you want... to do that go to "http:\www.dailykos.com/diaries" and take a look.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by elfling on 27 Dec, 2017 08:25 PM

Unfortunately she does have to have an account before you can gift her. I totally agree that what you propose would be ideal! You can make the account yourself with her email and it will give her instructions for logging in and confirming.

If she ends up wanting a different username, we can change it if she asks before she makes any comments or writes diaries.

Thank you for your support!

2. 2 Posted by boblite on 29 Dec, 2017 06:26 AM

Thanks so much for the advice. Very useful to know that the recipient can
    change username, if they request the change before posting comments or
    diaries.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 02 Jan, 2018 09:58 PM

Thanks for asking about this great gift idea -- of course we're big fans of it. :)
    Since you've seen this reply, we'll close the ticket. If your sister-in-law decides that the username isn't what she'd like, please have her open a new ticket here at Help Desk before she uses the account, and we can get it settled.

4. Daily Kos Staff closed this discussion on 02 Jan, 2018 09:58 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac