How to donate without actblue?

Stickplayer

23 Nov, 2017 12:51 AM

My bad experiences with the Actblue platform, incidentally verified as being the same for many hundreds of other people in the most casual of searches, mean that I will never again use that platform. I would like to donate to Daily Kos, but simply won't through actblue.

Specifically, when I was donating to a campaign through actblue, without any notification to me, it turned that into a weekly donation until that debit card had to literally been emptied, without any notification to me that this was going on. Like I said, I found hundreds of similar complaints online. When I complained officially, the response was to thank me for the donation. You can imagine how frustrating that was. When I replied, reiterating an amplifying the nature of the problem, it looks like nobody was interested in responding any further.

So, no actblue, not ever. If you have another simple, but not fraudulent choice to use, please let me know.

1. 1 Posted by Grodhaus on 26 Nov, 2017 11:38 PM

This comment was split into a new private discussion: How to donate without actblue?

Want to donate. Click on your donate link. It goes to Act Blue. I click on: use PayPal.
    Nothing.
    I'm surprised some money gets through when DailyKos makes it so difficult to donate. This is NOT the first time I've tried.
    IF DailyKos does want donations, perhaps they need to fix the capability TO donate,

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 27 Nov, 2017 08:36 PM

Hello, Stickplayer --

I am sorry that you are encountering problems with ActBlue. Thanks for asking about it here. Did you ever get any satisfactory resolution for your complaint? We have had some other complaints from ActBlue users who were able to reverse charges -- but it's not something that we handle here, and I don't know the specifics of their situations.

But yes, it is also possible to donate to Daily Kos by check or money order. Please make it payable to Daily Kos and send it to PO Box 70036, Oakland, CA, 94612.

Thank you for your interest in supporting the mission of the site. We appreciate it very much.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac