Subscriptions and image uploader

Late Again

05 Jan, 2012 07:16 PM

It was my understanding that subscribers would have the ability to upload images to Kos, without having to go through Photobucket or another hosting site. I just tried to leave a comment in which I wanted to embed an image but I don't see any way to do this. Did I misunderstand? Am I just missing something? Or is this feature not up and running yet? Thanks for all your help!

1. 1 Posted by OLinda on 05 Jan, 2012 09:41 PM

Here is the latest I have seen from Kos. Plans are that it will be up and running by the end of March:

"And we're creating new subscriber features. The first such feature will be our image uploader and organizer, which will be ready by the end of Q1. It'll allow subscribers the ability to upload photos to Daily Kos and access photos uploaded by others (including the Daily Kos editorial team's). No more having to mess around with Photo Bucket or whatever."

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2011/12/12/1044516/-First-nag,-and-Hu...!

2. 2 Posted by OLinda on 05 Jan, 2012 09:44 PM

(Interesting that the exclamation point in the url above was not picked up, but the link still works.)

3. 3 Posted by Late Again on 05 Jan, 2012 10:26 PM

Ah! Thanks for your reply, OLinda. Somehow I missed that whole "end of Q1" bit.. selective reading, I guess!

4. 4 Posted by Puddytat on 08 Jan, 2012 12:10 AM

I can't wait for it either. I hope I'll finally be able to learn how to post a picture without having to read something that looks like a doctoral dissertation. A great benefit for subscribers.

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by elfling on 09 Jan, 2012 10:03 PM

Our editorial staff is very excited about it too!

6. System closed this discussion on 12 Dec, 2016 09:25 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac