received an email from you about a photo

Yasuragi

06 Oct, 2017 12:38 AM

It said:
Dear Yasuragi,

An image in your story '' has been removed by its owner and it can no longer be used in your story. We have replaced the image with a placeholder image. Please edit the story to replace or remove the image.

Daily Kos

But it doesn't say which post of mine the photo is in... Can you enlighten me? I've gone through the past five I've done (which covers quite a span of time).

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 06 Oct, 2017 11:46 PM

Hello, Yasuragi, and thanks for asking.

We've seen this arise from time to time, and we believe the reason you don't see a story name is because it's not been published yet. It's possible that in our testing we overlooked something, but that's our best answer at the moment.

If you have some counter-evidence, we would be happy to investigate.

2. Daily Kos Staff closed this discussion on 06 Oct, 2017 11:46 PM.

3. Yasuragi re-opened this discussion on 07 Oct, 2017 02:23 PM

4. 2 Posted by Yasuragi on 07 Oct, 2017 02:23 PM

Thank you for your reply. But does that mean that if I have something in a draft, possibly a draft I have no intention of publishing, a photo might be detected and yanked from there?

I think of drafts as fully private. There's plenty of stuff I might stash in a draft for future reference, but I don't expect anyone -- or any bot -- to go sifting through it.

I'm assuming, completely and without any concern, that this is a more or less automated process, but I'd like to know the situation, if you could clarify.

If you can't clarify, I thank you for your response anyway. :)

5. Support Staff 3 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 08 Oct, 2017 12:48 AM

Hello, and thanks for your follow-up question.

Yes, of course, your diary drafts -- all diary drafts -- are private. What happens is that if there's an image removed from the Daily Kos-hosted Image Library, then there's no source image to be used any more. It's not that those other instances are reviewed, just that there's no original to reference. It's completely automated, and the notice that is sent is simply a courtesy.

I hope that this answers and allays your concerns. Feel free to ask for more clarification if need be.

6. Daily Kos Staff closed this discussion on 08 Oct, 2017 12:48 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac