My diary collection includes "List" which in turn shows stats including 'views' . Some have more comments than views.

Christy1947

04 Jan, 2012 07:32 AM

What is 'views' and how does it work? I looked at some other diarists' 'lists' for the stats and a number of them have more comments listed than views. If views are a stat counting readers, how can that be. If it isn't, what is it?

1. 1 Posted by OLinda on 04 Jan, 2012 08:47 AM

I suppose one person could view the page once, and make 4 comments, so there could be a seeming discrepancy, when actually it's okay.

IIRC, diaries brought over from DK3 do not have an accurate view count. We may not have counted views at DK3, I don't recall. But, when they merged into DK4, the counts were not there or weren't accurate. So, diaries you originally published on DK3 will have a bad count. Those would be diaries before Feb. 12 when DK3 went down and history was made. But, going forward and on diaries after Feb. 12 the count should be good.

This is my best recollection. Does that sound close, elfling?

Page views count the number of times the page is loaded. It is not counting unique visitors. The same page could be reloaded by one person 20 times, and it will up the count by 20.

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by elfling on 04 Jan, 2012 05:06 PM

The view count is a feel for how often a diary was loaded, but it is not strictly accurate.

Multiple anonymous users can count as a single view. As OLinda says, views before January 2011 were not counted using this method.

3. System closed this discussion on 12 Dec, 2016 09:25 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac