How do I unsubscribe?

Patrick (unverified)

07 Sep, 2017 06:04 AM

Hello. Like many on your email list, I do not always agree or support all of the actions/causes that your organization promotes. Yet currently, if I am to add my support to one specific cause or action, you have it designed to get the person automatically subscribed to one or more other email lists. In the past, I've actually unsubscribed from Daily Kos entirely and withheld my support of many causes/actions because of this "spider's web" of email lists.

It would be to your own benefit to make this subscription MANUAL, not automatic, so the person can support the given cause without being subject to the liability of a host of later email solicitations.

As it is, I am now forced, once again to track down the UNSUBSCRIBE link (which is NOT easy to find on the email solicitation) and cut myself loose from all email lists.

If someone from Kos reads this, please unsubscibe me. Thank you.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 08 Sep, 2017 10:25 PM

Hello, Patrick, and thanks for your comment.

I understand your point, but the logistics are such that -- based on returns -- it appears that it's more convenient for all parties, including the signers/subscribers, to have it set up this way.

For what it's worth, our records show you as unsubscribed for nearly a year; the last email we sent you was in early October 2016. So whatever technique you have been using has worked.

Now, if you HAVE received any emails from the Daily Kos Recommended list -- campaigns AT dailykos DOT com -- since 10/7/16, we'd definitely want to know about it.

Thanks for following up.

2. Daily Kos Staff closed this discussion on 08 Sep, 2017 10:25 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac