How does one sign in to help desk?

La Urraca (unverified)

22 Jun, 2017 07:18 PM

I am signed in on DK....but when I come here it says " sign in".

Probably a little dense of me, but if I am already signed in one the home page, how do I sign in here?

Thanks for any help...from anyone.

1. 1 Posted by Nova Land on 22 Jun, 2017 07:35 PM

At top right of screen, inside an orange bar, there should be a button which reads Log in when you're not logged in (or when the underlying program annoyingly thinks you're not logged in, even though you are). Click it. If it treats you like it treats me, one of two things will happen:

(a) The page refreshes, it realizes I'm logged in, and I'm all set

(b) It sends me over to the Daily Kos front page. At the top of the page I click the Help button and get sent back over to the help desk, but now it recognizes I'm logged in.

2. 2 Posted by Barbara Cleaver... on 23 Jun, 2017 06:26 PM

Thank you.....
    Did not work, but much appreciated...

3. 3 Posted by bakeneko (unver... on 23 Jun, 2017 10:14 PM

Nope, cannot log into the Help Desk at this time. Clicking the "Log in to Daily Kos" button just takes me back to the Front Page, where I'm already logged in.

This is happening in Firefox, Safari and Chrome currently for me, on Macs running El Capitan and Sierra, was working fine a little while ago.

4. 4 Posted by bakeneko (unver... on 23 Jun, 2017 10:21 PM

...and just to clarify, once I'm back on the Front page, logged-in, clicking on Help again takes me back to the Help Desk where I am *not* logged in and *cannot* log in. After a few trips around the merry go round, I'm back to using a different email address to post here as an "unverified" user, because if I use the one I'm registered with, it tells me that email address exists, and I cannot comment until I log in..... which is the problem.
    Good times... :-(

5. 5 Posted by siab (unverifie... on 23 Jun, 2017 10:44 PM

Yeah, me too. Was working just fine a couple of hours ago.

6. 6 Posted by Nova Land on 23 Jun, 2017 10:49 PM

That's interesting. Sorry that what I suggested didn't work; the problems you two are having is apparently different than anything I've encountered.

I hope someone from the help desk will have time soon to read this thread and be able to give you help which actually works. But they're often a bit swamped, and this seems like it may be one of those times.

7. Support Staff 7 Posted by elfling on 23 Jun, 2017 10:53 PM

We just made a change to fix a thing and then maybe we broke something else and so we just put up another fix to fix that other thing. We apologize for playing whack-a-mole on your time. Please give it another go and if it's not there yet we'll hang our heads in shame and try something else.

8. 8 Posted by bakeneko on 23 Jun, 2017 10:56 PM

It's all good now. Thanks very much for the quick fix! ^_^

9. 9 Posted by siab on 23 Jun, 2017 10:57 PM

So far, so good, elfling. Ignore the kosmail I sent you. ;)

10. 10 Posted by bakeneko on 23 Jun, 2017 11:00 PM

...and thanks for your helpful suggestions, Nova Land, even if this was a different issue, your reply was excellent advice.

11. Daily Kos Staff closed this discussion on 29 Jun, 2017 04:41 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac