can someone please explain to me how to block other users? not banning, just individual blocks.

blithe55

20 Jun, 2017 02:14 AM

hey i have read through all the info i can find and i see references to being able to block or unblock people, but i cant for the life of me find the directions for doing it. my eyes are not good and ive read through a lot of orange text and my eyes are going blurry, please for my sanity if its possible to block individual users, can someone please direct me to the instructions for how to do this? thank you very much!

1. 1 Posted by Eyesbright on 20 Jun, 2017 02:53 AM

There is no way to block individual users on Daily Kos.

I'm not the Help Desk, just a long time Daily Kos member / user. There have been a few times that I wished Daily Kos had that feature but it doesn't.
    Facebook has blocking. Is that what you're thinking of?

2. 2 Posted by blithe55 on 20 Jun, 2017 03:19 AM

oh, thanks so much...... well yes fb has blocking.. and its really easy to block people on twitter.. which i dont really use but the easy blocking is definitely my favorite thing about it. i saw conversations here dated from several years ago that referred to blocking/unblocking individual people... from like 2012 or something so it was awhile ago. i do sincerely wish it had a blocking feature here... do you know why they dont? just curious, thanks for the help.

3. 3 Posted by Avilyn on 20 Jun, 2017 03:55 PM

The only way I'm aware of to block someone is if they send you a Kosmail, when you open it, at the top you should see a gray box that says "Block " with a checkbox next to it for "Confirm" You have to click the checkbox, then click on the gray box that says "Block ". You should get a confirmation that you have blocked them. The important things to note about this:
    1) It only blocks them from sending you Kosmail; they will still be able to see & respond to any comments/diaries you post
    2) If they try to send you a Kosmail after you have blocked them, it will tell them specifically they are blocked.

If a user is harassing you, the better option may be to open a private thread under the "Moderation" topic to request help from the mods.

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 20 Jun, 2017 05:25 PM

Thanks for asking, Blithe55.

The answers that Eyesbright and Avilyn provide are correct.

5. Daily Kos Staff closed this discussion on 20 Jun, 2017 05:25 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac