forwarding

Polly Goldberg (unverified)

04 Jun, 2017 02:37 PM

I am not on Facebook, Twitter, or any of the other things that people use to forward articles. I can paste them into emails, but it is cumbersome and often they end up dragging all the other articles with them, somehow. I'm elderly and not too good at it... . But why can't you put a little envelope along with the bird, etc., as so many other sites do, so that I can do it expeditiously? I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd appreciate it! Thanks.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 05 Jun, 2017 04:08 PM

Hello, Polly, and thanks for asking.

We used to support that function but found that it wasn't a good use of our programming resources to maintain it. Sorry.

I'm inferring from your question here that you tend to copy and paste the whole entire article into your emails. In that case, yes, you are very likely to be sending lots of extraneous text. But there are a couple of other techniques you can use instead.

One is to go to the mobile version of the site, which carries the same content in terms of posts and comments and not much else. Try looking at it to see the differences. You do not need to be on a phone or tablet to access it. Instead of typing www.dailykos.com into your URL window, type m.dailykos.com You'll see a much simpler site, and if you want to copy and paste a story in its entirety it'll be somewhat less cumbersome.

The other, even simpler, way is to copy and paste the URL (the address of the story) into the emails you're sending along. That unique descriptor will take a reader directly to the story. Most if not all email programs will let you designate that string of text as a link once you paste it into your draft email.

Hope this helps. Thanks for your support of Daily Kos.

2. Daily Kos Staff closed this discussion on 05 Jun, 2017 04:08 PM.

3. Polly Goldberg re-opened this discussion on 05 Jun, 2017 05:15 PM

4. 2 Posted by Polly Goldberg ... on 05 Jun, 2017 05:15 PM

Ah, OK. Thanks for the lesson -- I will put it to use!

5. Support Staff 3 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 05 Jun, 2017 06:06 PM

You are very welcome.

6. Daily Kos Staff closed this discussion on 05 Jun, 2017 06:06 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac