Emails

Redge Ranyard

06 May, 2017 01:29 PM

Why am i no longer geting dailykos as an email? It was one of my prime sources.

1. 1 Posted by Evelyn (unverif... on 06 May, 2017 01:58 PM

This is my question as well. I used to get it daily, but that stopped around April 22.
    Any suggestion on how I can get it back? I really miss it.
    Thak you!
    Evelyn

2. 2 Posted by JohnDohe (unver... on 07 May, 2017 12:55 AM

I received the following when I tried to post a comment:

ERROR!

The error was:
    You do not have permission to edit this user.

Hostname: dkperl3

Time: 2017-05-07T00:51:20

If this message does not make sense to you, please copy and paste the above, along with a description of what you were doing before the error, and submit it to the helpdesk for assistance.

Furthermore, I made a lengthy comment earlier today.

Now I can't find it, yet I'm getting emails about it.

What has been done to my comment as well as my ability to reply to comments about my comment?

Thank you.

3. 3 Posted by Redge Ranyard on 07 May, 2017 01:44 PM

Well, John I just want to get dailykos without having to google it. I once did and then it just did not. I take it that you are a kos person which makes me wonder what i should do or who i need to know to get the right action?

It takes a heap of heaping to make a heap a heap. Pogo

On May 6, 2017, at 5:56 PM, JohnDohe <[email blocked]<mailto:[email blocked]>> wrote:

4. 4 Posted by siab on 07 May, 2017 08:14 PM

Redge Ranyard: The comment you've just replied to has nothing to do with your original question. Since it is the weekend, it may be another day or so before yours is answered, but hang on, and if you don't get a direct answer, bump the thread on Monday to make sure that Staff sees it. I'm simply a user who checks the Help Desk on a regular basis, so I can't offer any advice except to persevere.

John Dohe: you've been banned. I suggest you open a new, Private thread, under
    Community and Moderation if you wish to find out more.

5. 5 Posted by Redge Ranyard on 07 May, 2017 09:04 PM

My basic question, without any hostility, is why you got an email from me that i had directed to dailykos?

On May 7, 2017, at 1:15 PM, siab <[email blocked]<mailto:[email blocked]>> wrote:

6. 6 Posted by siab on 07 May, 2017 09:23 PM

Once a Public comment thread has been opened at the Help Desk, any reply on that thread will go to all previous commenters unless they have opted out of getting an email reply. Under normal circumstances, you would have only seen an email when staff replied to your original question.

I personally did not get an email from you, but I spotted the comment thread while updating myself on what was happening at the help desk, and decided to see if I could offer a better explanation of the current status of the thread.

7. 7 Posted by Redge Ranyard on 07 May, 2017 10:12 PM

Thank you. I appreciate your explanation. No longer in the dark. Now is only kos would start sending me again.

On May 7, 2017, at 2:24 PM, siab <[email blocked]<mailto:[email blocked]>> wrote:

8. 8 Posted by easher (unverif... on 09 May, 2017 07:53 PM

I really have no idea what is happening. I contacted the  Daily Kos Help Page because I was no longer getting email alerts and wanted to  know why. I never did get a response from them, but somehow your message must have gotten mixed up with mine.  Since I am not a techie, I can't possibly sort this out.  But I am sorry that you had to get involved and inconvenienced.I will now stop trying to contact Daily Kos and hope that this takes care of the problem.ciaoeasher

On Sunday, May 7, 2017 5:04 PM, REDGE RANYARD <[email blocked]> wrote:

#yiv2894312664 pre {width:92%;margin:10px 2%;padding:5px 2%;background:#efefef;border:1px solid #d6d6d6;}#yiv2894312664 blockquote {margin-left:0;padding-left:1em;border-left:5px solid #ccc;} Having trouble reading this? View this discussion online: Emails. Reply with #ignore to stop receiving notifications for this discussion.

9. Support Staff 9 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 09 May, 2017 09:38 PM

Dear Redge and Evelyn,

Thanks for asking about your Daily Kos Recommended email.

The two of you have the same question/problem, hence I am going to answer you together. This is the mixed blessing of starting a public query here at Help Desk: sometimes the other people in the thread will have the same issue, but other times they will not. The site user siab has explained the circumstance for the other user who asked a different question here.

The system is set up to notify you of any activity on a thread you have engaged in here, unless you choose to opt out of that notification. It's not mysterious but if you're not accustomed to it, you may find it startling.

All right, now for the meat of the reply.

Unfortunately, I cannot reinstate your email subscription--but you can. Let me explain.

Somehow, the organization through which we send our emails, Action Network, has had its mail marked as Spam at your address. It might have been an accident, but now it's done. In order to start sending them to you again, Action Network needs to have two things in writing from you. That information must come directly from you, not from us as a go-between.

So please write to
    info AT actionnetwork DOT org
    (replacing AT and DOT with the necessary symbols, and closing up the spaces) with two pieces of information in that email. 1) Request that your email be removed from the "global block list" to enable you to resubscribe to Action Network emails from Daily Kos.
    2) Pledge that you will not mark these emails as spam.

The staff there should respond promptly and put you back on the list.

Please let us know if the process does not work. You should receive a reply within a reasonable amount of time from Action Network indicating that they have fulfilled your request.

Meanwhile, it would be a good idea for you to check with your email provider to see what you might need to have in place so that the emails are not diverted again. It's possible, for example, that you'll need to set your own email filter explicitly to accept our emails. Our emails come from this address: campaigns AT dailykos DOT com (spelled out here again to avoid our software filter).

Thanks for asking, and thanks for your support of the mission of the site.

10. Daily Kos Staff closed this discussion on 09 May, 2017 09:38 PM.

11. easher re-opened this discussion on 10 May, 2017 03:38 PM

12. 10 Posted by easher (unverif... on 10 May, 2017 03:38 PM

Thanks so much for getting back to me. I am going to ry your suggestion right away!Keep up your good work!Evelyn

On Tuesday, May 9, 2017 5:38 PM, Daily Kos Staff <[email blocked]> wrote:

#yiv4534421805 pre {width:92%;margin:10px 2%;padding:5px 2%;background:#efefef;border:1px solid #d6d6d6;}#yiv4534421805 blockquote {margin-left:0;padding-left:1em;border-left:5px solid #ccc;}

13. Daily Kos Staff closed this discussion on 10 May, 2017 05:07 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac