How do I change my email address for log in purposes? What is my user name?

Patricia S. Ortiz (unverified)

06 Apr, 2017 10:40 AM

I accidentally closed my gmail account that I had been using for Daily Kos ([email blocked]) and now I cannot log in. How do I delete the old email address and substitute my new email address ([email blocked])? Or should I open a new account.

Also, it has been quite some time since I have had to log in to Daily Kos; so I don't remember my user name. Please provide me with that information.

Thank you.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 06 Apr, 2017 04:18 PM

Patricia:

Thanks for asking.

Sorry that you're having this difficulty. But the email you asked about is not associated with any username here at the site.

If you have another email that might have been associated with a username here, please feel free to supply it. But do note that many people have a misconception about the relationship between the Daily Kos Recommended emails and site registration. They are completely independent processes. It is possible, and actually quite common, for people to get the emails but not have a user name, or to have a user name but not receive any emails.

Or perhaps you DID create an account here -- but you have a typo in the email you entered at registration. I've done some digging, though, and there's nothing obvious that turns up. Without knowing the username you might have chosen, we're stuck.

If you do not have or cannot get to a user account, you are certainly welcome to create one. Please click on the Sign up button at the top of any page and follow the prompts. Feel free to return here if you have additional questions about the process.

We appreciate your interest in and support of the mission of Daily Kos.

PS--If you're interested in changing the email at which you receive the Daily Kos Recommended notices, I can do that for you. Just let me know.

2. Daily Kos Staff closed this discussion on 06 Apr, 2017 04:18 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac