discussions

RandomBreeze

03 Apr, 2017 12:25 AM

Hello, new memeber here. No idea if this is worthwhile to share, or where and how to share with this community. I have a commentary written by a writer for an independent online paper in Buffalo NY that concerns a pro-trump rally held in front of our City Hall yesterday. The writer has granted me permission to share the short piece and accompanying photos anyway I see fit. The rally, cleverly titled the Spirit of America Rally, had a number of prominent local politicians, including Tim Howard, the elected Sheriff of Erie County, speaking(while in full uniform)on behalf of our president. While The good sheriff spoke for 10 minutes, I witnessed admitted neo-nazis handing out recruitment propaganda. None of Buffalo's 3 local major networks made mention of the presence of white supremacist groups, and carefully kept images of the numerous confederate flags out of their coverage. Jeremy Zellner, chairman of Erie County Democratic Party, today publicly called for the sheriff to step down. Suggestions? Thanks, Paul

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 03 Apr, 2017 03:18 PM

Oh, yes, this does sound like a good topic to cover on the site. Thanks for asking about it here.

The editors and staff at Daily Kos never manage to write about all the different aspects that we'd like to cover, and we're certainly not expert in everything. The best way to get that topic out there is to start writing stories about it yourself on the main site. This is especially true for local stories, since someone on the ground can add specific details and context to make it compelling and effective. It is extremely valuable to have these accounts to make us all aware of how things are unfolding on the community level.

In case you'd like some tips: http://helpdesk.dailykos.com/kb/writing-a-diary/tutorial-reading-an...

Many thanks for your interest in and support of the mission of Daily Kos.

2. Daily Kos Staff closed this discussion on 03 Apr, 2017 03:18 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac