We the People petition site

dmuller

25 Mar, 2017 09:58 PM

I too get almost daily propaganda emails from the White House.
I believe it is because I have signed petitions on the We The People White House web site.
There is a check box that you can uncheck
whitehouse.tiff
Trump has taken what Obama created for the people and turned it around.
As far as I can tell no petitions have been responded to yet. Although to be fair, there is a 60 day timeline for response.
Meanwhile, I have received dozens of emails touting the huge success of the administration.
https://petitions.whitehouse.gov
So far petitions to the Trump White House have only resulted in a deluge of propaganda.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 27 Mar, 2017 09:57 PM

Ah, that is painful. Yet another reminder of how far we have fallen!

My understanding is that every, and I mean every, email that is sent by any mass mailer must include an unsubscribe link. So there must be one, somewhere, in the emails you get from the White House now. (Wouldn't that be delicious if they were found to violate that regulation, too? Hmm, maybe not.)

Anyway, that's the first step you can take. The other possibility is evident from the screenshot you attached. There is a checkbox you can UNcheck if you don't want emails -- and that choice should be respected.

Perhaps the best recourse is, however, to refrain from signing petitions that the White House under 45 now controls. There are many other ways to communicate with them that probably cause less aggravation to you. Efficacy is another matter; that is to be achieved through external organization and pressure, I have no doubt.

My $0.02 for what it's worth. Please note that I have no inside knowledge to offer you about the way they are now operating that petition site.

Feel free to write a post on the site if you want to crowdsource a more informed response.

2. Daily Kos Staff closed this discussion on 27 Mar, 2017 09:57 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac