How do I add comments to a piece after I am logged in?

TomHarrisICSC

13 May, 2015 02:11 AM

1. 1 Posted by TomHarrisICSC on 13 May, 2015 02:33 AM

How do I respond the above article, or am I blocked from responding? Even though I am logged in I see no reply or comment button.

2. 2 Posted by indycam on 13 May, 2015 04:07 AM

You are banned , you made 3 comments back in Jan . so you are not caught in a spambot trap , you got banned for your comments .

3. 3 Posted by TomHarrisICSC on 13 May, 2015 04:45 AM

Why am I banned

4. 4 Posted by TomHarrisICSC on 13 May, 2015 04:54 AM

Why did the following comments in Jan lead to you banning me:

http://www.dailykos.com/user/TomHarrisICSC/comments

5. 5 Posted by Eyesbright on 13 May, 2015 05:02 AM

I'm not the Help Desk, just a long time member. However, here's what I see:

Your account has been permanently deactivated. I suspect it's largely because of this comment/thread (see link) below, complete with a blatant plea for contributions to your organization, an organization that gets its funding from the Heartland Institute (see third link).

Here's the comment thread:
    http://www.dailykos.com/comments/1356657/55379127#c4

Here's the Wikipedia entry on him:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Harris_%28mechanical_engineer%29

And here's a very interesting article that outlines the organization, ICSC, its offshoots, and their funding. Mr. Harris is mentioned and quoted in the article. Put your boots on before you read that quote.
    http://www.transcontinental.com.au/story/946011/web-leak-shows-trail-of-climate-sceptic-funding/

6. 6 Posted by TomHarrisICSC on 13 May, 2015 05:09 AM

That was not a blatant plea for contributions. It is a standard part of my signature block. It is merely information for people who may want to donate, nothing more.

Since 2008, all funding has been 100% confidential so you cannot know who gives us money. The Heartland ref is just a fabrication.

7. 7 Posted by Eyesbright on 13 May, 2015 05:13 AM

On top of everything else wrong with Tom Harris, he seems to have opened a sock puppet account an hour or so after starting this Help Desk thread, specifically to post his propaganda. No worries, it's already banned.

http://www.dailykos.com/user/uid:1332981
    http://www.dailykos.com/comments/1384339/56349705#c3

8. 8 Posted by TomHarrisICSC on 13 May, 2015 05:15 AM

content deleted since it is just a repeat of what I sent by e-mail, which automatically became a posting here.

9. 9 Posted by TomHarrisICSC on 13 May, 2015 05:17 AM

If you attack someone, are you surprised they attempt to correct your mistakes. You never told me I was banned. All I could see was that, for some reason, I could not post. So I asked a friend to open an account and post my response. She did. And so you deleted it and banned her too.

What is Daily Kos so afraid of that they will not allow their target to answer the charges levelled at him.

10. 10 Posted by TomHarrisICSC on 13 May, 2015 05:19 AM

no longer relevant since I edited the above posting.

11. 11 Posted by Eyesbright on 13 May, 2015 05:51 AM

Tom Harris writes:
    "Since 2008, all funding has been 100% confidential so you cannot know
    who gives us money. The Heartland ref is just a fabrication."

You have the audacity to post that and then ask "What is Daily Kos so afraid of..." By the way, that third link I posted speaks to your funding from the Heartland Institute in 2009 and 2010. You're a veritable fount of misinformation / disinformation - but that's how you make your living and you've had a lot of practice pushing your smoothly worded snake oil

Like so many of your ilk, when faced with your disingenuousness (that's a nice way of saying you're busted for your lies), you immediately resort to D.A.R.V.O.:
    Deny, Attack, Reverse Victim and Offender. It's an old, worn out tactic and people are increasingly getting wise to it.

You're busted. You'll never be unbusted. We know what you are.

12. 12 Posted by TomHarrisICSC on 13 May, 2015 06:41 AM

Eyesbright needs his eye examined. You say, " that third link I posted speaks to your funding from the Heartland Institute in 2009 and 2010. "

No, it says nothing at all about ICSC funding in 2009 and 2010, which isn't surprising since, as I said before, since 2008, all funding has been 100% confidential so you cannot know who gives us money.

13. 13 Posted by indycam on 13 May, 2015 03:28 PM

"And so you deleted it and banned her too."
    Its not deleted , I just read it .

"Eyesbright needs his eye examined."
    Funny , funny stuff right there .

"Why am I banned"
    I'm going way out on a limb and guess that you are banned because you are not wanted here .

14. 14 Posted by Otteray Scribe on 13 May, 2015 04:46 PM

What indycam said. Please go away. Far, far away.
    And take the sockpuppte(s) with you.

Buh-bye.

15. 15 Posted by bamasux (unveri... on 13 May, 2015 04:50 PM

liberal scum

16. 16 Posted by indycam on 13 May, 2015 04:55 PM

all over your face .

17. 17 Posted by Russell Cook (u... on 13 May, 2015 09:48 PM

My two comments don't appear either. Can't handle critical comments here, is that the reason?

18. 18 Posted by Russell Cook (u... on 13 May, 2015 09:49 PM

I can't see my two comments here either. Y'all can't handle critical comments, is that the reason?

19. 19 Posted by Eyesbright on 13 May, 2015 10:21 PM

Russell Cook, I don't see your comments nor that you've ever had an account. Is "Russell Cook" the name you signed up under?

20. 20 Posted by Otteray Scribe on 13 May, 2015 10:26 PM

Comments that seem to "disappear" are not deleted. They can still be seen
    by trusted users. They just cannot be seen by people who are not trusted
    users. This blog is privately owned and as such, free speech does not
    apply. All blogs have this, or similar, publication policies. If content
    is deemed inappropriate, No single Trusted User has the ability to hide a
    comment. Comments can only be hidden if multiple TUs decide it should be
    hidden from the general public.

21. 21 Posted by TomHarrisICSC on 13 May, 2015 11:09 PM

The criterion for being deemed inappropriate on his site is that the comments do not agree with the POV of DK. Intolerance of alternative POV is a step towards totalitarianism, DK.

22. 22 Posted by Otteray Scribe on 13 May, 2015 11:18 PM

elfling,
    I believe this matter has run its course. Help Desk query has been made and
    answered. Time to close out this thread.

23. 23 Posted by TomHarrisICSC on 13 May, 2015 11:21 PM

Except that the help desk answer was bogus. They wrote: " that third link I posted speaks to your funding from the Heartland Institute in 2009 and 2010. "

No, it says nothing at all about ICSC funding in 2009 and 2010, which isn't surprising since, as I said before, since 2008, all funding has been 100% confidential so you cannot know who gives us money.

Yet, the help desk even posted this clearly false information after the piece on which we have been trying to comment.

So, until this provably false information is corrected, this thread should remain open.

24. 24 Posted by Eyesbright on 13 May, 2015 11:22 PM

Climate change deniers, especially those who are paid to do so by such nefarious organizations as the Heartland Institute, are the scum of the earth and are not tolerated in scientifically literate societies.

The good thing about science, Tom Harris, is that it's true whether you believe it or not, regardless of what you're paid to say.

25. 25 Posted by Eyesbright on 13 May, 2015 11:28 PM

Tom Harris, you make it abundantly clear that reading comprehension is not your strong suit. It was I who posted about your funding (with a link to my source of that information), preceded by my first message on this thread that included this:
    "I'm not the Help Desk, just a long time member."

You're busted again.

26. 26 Posted by Russell Cook (u... on 13 May, 2015 11:35 PM

The good thing about science, "Eyesbright", *it doesn't matter what you believe, it only matters what you can prove, thus the concentrated effort at character assassination by all those on the AGW side who have an enslavement to character assassination and silencing criticism

27. 27 Posted by Lost and Found on 13 May, 2015 11:37 PM

Tom Harris, you didn't ask a "friend" to open a new account, you did it yourself but don't want to admit it. You're a liar and I'm pleased see that you've been banned. Take your industry-funded propaganda and your phony outrage and shove it, you clueless right wing hack.

28. 28 Posted by Russell Cook (u... on 13 May, 2015 11:45 PM

To "Eyesbright", I clearly signed my name on the first comment. Regarding the second one at the Harris hit piece and the comments here, are you unable to cross reverence them with the "QuestionAGW" I use as a sign-in?

To Otteray Scribe, luv the "free speech does not apply" line, and no doubt the trusted users here know they must toe the company line lest they become untrusted. Ring any bells with you? Might want to hope it doesn't ring any bells with the DailyKos general population, or else you might just be looking at a world of hurt if any large numbers of 'em start to lose faith in the narratives y'all put out. From my perspective, the global warming issue could become the biggest ideological collapse in history, setting back the Progressive cause a half century or so.

29. 29 Posted by TomHarrisICSC on 13 May, 2015 11:47 PM

Lost and Found is apparently expecting us to believe he is a mind reader as that is the only way the following statement could possibly make sense:

"Tom Harris, you didn't ask a "friend" to open a new account, you did it yourself but don't want to admit it. You're a liar."

30. 30 Posted by Otteray Scribe on 13 May, 2015 11:48 PM

There is an awful lot of time and energy being wasted here. This is not the
    blog. This is the Help Desk, and only about a half dozen people are on to
    see this whining. There are several million blogs out there. Or start your
    own; it is free with WordPress and Blogger, and you can make your own