Getting headline, no story

Philip Kingston (unverified)

14 Oct, 2020 04:52 PM

This has happened twice in the past. Hope you can fix it.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 14 Oct, 2020 05:00 PM

Hello, and thanks for asking. Sorry you're having a problem.

You're right, what may have been a similar issue occurred last fall, and we did produce a fix for it. A number of users have reported in the past day or two a problem that could be related to what we had last year--but before we check further, could you please take a moment to clear your cache and cookies for Daily Kos on your device, and then reboot it? That right there might do the trick.

If you do it and don't have better results then please return.

We would very much like to know the iOS you are running on your device for additional troubleshooting.

Thanks.

2. 2 Posted by Philip Kingston... on 14 Oct, 2020 05:18 PM

Did what you asked, no luck yet.
    I have a very old laptop if that helps. I am not very up to date on computers, I just push the keys.

3. 3 Posted by Philip kingston... on 14 Oct, 2020 05:49 PM

You think there is any chance of fixing this problem?

4. 4 Posted by Mary Hobson (un... on 14 Oct, 2020 06:29 PM

Tried the fixes, still no text with headlines...I need my daily kos fix!

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 14 Oct, 2020 06:47 PM

I don't know yet. We do really need to know the device model and the operating system you have on it to be able to say more.

This resource should help you get the information we need. https://www.howtogeek.com/351912/whats-the-latest-version-of-ios-for-iphones-and-ipads/

The objective of this article is probably not relevant, but the steps explaining how to find your version number are pretty clear, with the screenshots.

6. 6 Posted by flyboyphilip (u... on 14 Oct, 2020 07:07 PM

Here are the operating system and model no. I think.

9.3.5 (13G36). And. MC 954LL/A. I hope that is what you need.

Have a nice day
    Phil Kingston

7. 7 Posted by RazzBari on 15 Oct, 2020 01:53 AM

Same issue - have cleared cache and history. Using Safari on iPad mini, iOS 9.3.5, MD532LL/A.

8. 8 Posted by Philip kingston... on 15 Oct, 2020 02:02 PM

Can you fix this, you did the last time it happened?

9. 9 Posted by Luc Quenneville... on 15 Oct, 2020 04:32 PM

same issue, microsoft surface, cannot update browser as its an original surface machine

10. 10 Posted by Philip kingston... on 15 Oct, 2020 06:53 PM

Are we going to get any response to our problem?

11. 11 Posted by Mary Hobson (un... on 15 Oct, 2020 10:36 PM

My iPad model is MF432LL/A and version 9.3.5. I hope this info helps

Sent from my iPad

12. Support Staff 12 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 15 Oct, 2020 11:39 PM

Thank you all for reporting what OS you have. We'll take the information and see what we can do with it.

In the meantime, you should all be able to load and use the mobile version of Daily Kos. Instead of https://www.dailykos.com you'll go to https://m.dailykos.com If you clear your cookies for Daily Kos, the mobile version will load by default for you, when you access the site directly. The rest of the URL for the site or for any story on the site will be the same, with the exception of m in place of www.

In many ways, the mobile site looks and acts like the full (desktop) site. But it is lighter and simpler, and it should work for you for now. If you're interested in following links from your emails and reading the stories and comments it'll be fine. If you want to participate on the site by making comments and recommending stories and comments, that's also fine. The mobile site doesn't permit much beyond those actions; most of the time, fortunately, these suffice.

We aren't happy about the obsolescence of computer hardware and software, but our own options for supporting older models do diminish over time. We hope that this adaptation will work for a while longer, anyway.

Thanks for your persistence and for your support of the site.

13. 13 Posted by RazzBari on 16 Oct, 2020 02:57 AM

When I use the mobile version, I get a blank screen except for a header and the black solidarity bar; will try to attach screenshot.

14. 14 Posted by Lynne Boehm (un... on 16 Oct, 2020 10:19 PM

Hi, I am not happy to report that I have been getting titles, page layouts, but no story, no comments.....I emptied history & cookies that was mentioned here but still, no story.....I have a iPad, older model 9.3 (?). This has happened with other sites, sometimes they can fix it quickly, some sites just stop sending me stuff...I really like this site a lot, hope it can be fixed. Thanks. Graciesmom

15. 15 Posted by Bob K. (unverif... on 17 Oct, 2020 12:50 AM

Been down with same problem since August. A ticket going on it. No new info there. Am on Alcatel A520L android version 4 fone. Use built in Bing 2 access Google and use that 2 access D. Kos. Something changed while I was actually on the site. Can list symptoms if U want. Have no E-Mail access since fones R shared. Any suggestions? Do U know what changed?. Miss DK.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac