Bad certificate issue trying to follow a link in the Morning Election Digest

AZhighdesert

18 Sep, 2020 06:11 PM

I just wanted to watch one of the ads in the Morning Digest under FL-13. I got this:

Did Not Connect: Potential Security Issue

Firefox detected a potential security threat and did not continue to url2153.dailykos.com because this website requires a secure connection.

What can you do about it?

url2153.dailykos.com has a security policy called HTTP Strict Transport Security (HSTS), which means that Firefox can only connect to it securely. You can’t add an exception to visit this site.

The issue is most likely with the website, and there is nothing you can do to resolve it. You can notify the website’s administrator about the problem.

Learn more…

Websites prove their identity via certificates. Firefox does not trust this site because it uses a certificate that is not valid for url2153.dailykos.com. The certificate is only valid for the following names: *.sendgrid.net, sendgrid.net

Error code: SSL_ERROR_BAD_CERT_DOMAIN

I just wanted to see a video referenced in the Morning Digest.

1. 1 Posted by AZhighdesert on 18 Sep, 2020 06:16 PM

Let me add: This problem is not in the web site per se; I just found the current Digest as an article on the web site, and the link to this video properly brought me to YouTube. It was just the email version of the Digest that got me to an unsecure URL.

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by elfling on 18 Sep, 2020 06:20 PM

We are aware of the problem in email links and working on it. Nothing has been compromised, but we have a configuration error that is not making a connection it should. Thank you for your patience and I'm deeply sorry for the frustration.

3. 3 Posted by AZhighdesert on 18 Sep, 2020 06:33 PM

Thanks for the perfectly satisfactory response.

4. AZhighdesert closed this discussion on 18 Sep, 2020 06:33 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac