Daily Kos Links Flagged As "Suspicious Link" By Norton

Paul W. (unverified)

09 Sep, 2020 10:17 PM

All of my Daily Kos emails have all links turned RED and when I bring my pointer on the link I get a warning "Suspicious Link" that appears to come from my Norton Anti-Virus software.

Is there an infection someplace or has Norton mixed up virus footprints?

1. 1 Posted by iarnstein on 09 Sep, 2020 10:26 PM

I have check the links and they go off to some odd address. I have brought this up that it comes from emails for petitions on issues. Evidently they have jobbed much of this out to some other provider (including the action network) and those links are to sites that have also had problems. They should have tested these links and changes better before releasing them. Here is an example link. I did get a response from a similar source of information that they were notify the action network of the issue. I would not trust this link just from the link of it and my 30+ years in IT. "https://u1584542.ct.sendgrid.net/ss/c/atcYNHk4Eh2YdGnwBh-YDCxDIu4OO3SBv2TLoLPFt2fJbe_r4kLPnr8Tyrcu4u6IpEoRuk0dgfxvRyujEeASXdULmcfZLZAkwCNo4oN6xKLZZBLld3I3OqOncExmHrYFGtjuC6xLHOasUvgnlBJraO2XiguHKWIU9BmKKlsx569H2OtWkZkEMHjzwxeAX3R8536his2-RsH2xlSsZbTdiPRkTg_VwwH1T8XD3YiTSVU/351/JJ2f4YRpTIWzus06C8LSNw/h5/lK--MFVTsNvTZuIL1AcBVPrrI8gCYmNQb9oVcSTbB1A"

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by elfling on 15 Sep, 2020 07:28 PM

I agree these links look scary and we're working on fixing the alert. FWIW, sendgrid is an email provider and the links do not contain malware. I appreciate your vigilance and concern and consider it totally warranted. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

3. elfling closed this discussion on 15 Sep, 2020 07:28 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac