Petitions webpages on your website not loading when they should be.

Matt Chase Richmond (unverified)

17 Jul, 2020 09:40 PM

On your website when I go to alot of the petition webpages on your website Daily KOS it acts like it's going to load the webpage and I wait a long time but it never does even though I have a full Wi-Fi signal or I switch over to my mobile data with a full signal with all the bars and LTE and plenty of mobile data left. This is a serious problem and needs to be taken care of right away by someone or a team of people.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 17 Jul, 2020 11:56 PM

Hello, and thank you for raising this issue.

If you're seeing this issue arise regularly while you're using a desktop, then my first guess is that you have an extension that is interfering with that page load.

Please try this to troubleshoot: Open a private/incognito window, which disables most, though not necessarily all, extensions. Login to your email, then go to one of our emails and click on a link to a petition. If the petition page loads fully there, then you know that some sort of extension is the source of the problem. Identifying the exact extension is then a matter of trial and error, starting with any ad blockers.

If you try this diagnostic and it does not work for you, please come back to let us know. We'd also like to have a few more details to help us pin down the problem in that case: the operating system and browser you're using, and the exact URL of the page that loads incompletely.

Thanks for your interest in taking part in our online activism.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac