Links to Twitter

slow learner

09 Jul, 2020 12:59 AM

Having deleted my Twitter account, I can't view many images/charts without "logging in to Twitter". I guess it's a sacrifice I'll willingly make, but there must be a way to post a screen shot or something rather than a linked teaser. BW, I'm still getting used to the new look - very slowly.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 11 Jul, 2020 12:04 AM

Hello, and thanks for your observation.

I appreciate the annoyance, truly. It does seem excessive for the social media platforms to occupy such a huge space all across the web. But not having a Twitter account shouldn't necessarily preclude you from seeing the tweets, only from liking/retweeting/replying to them.

Are you actually having difficulty viewing them? I will note that settings on a variety of browsers relative to embedded tweets have become increasingly restrictive, so much so that sometimes to view a tweet and its contents -- especially if the tweet has imagery within it -- one must click on the tweet to get it to open within Twitter.

Please try that to see if that makes a difference.

Thanks for your support of the site.

2. Daily Kos Staff closed this discussion on 11 Jul, 2020 12:04 AM.

3. slow learner re-opened this discussion on 11 Jul, 2020 03:35 AM

4. 2 Posted by slow learner on 11 Jul, 2020 03:35 AM

when i click on a link. I get a Twitter login screen. no obvious options
    to bypass.

5. 3 Posted by Eyesbright on 11 Jul, 2020 09:47 PM

slow learner,
    That means you still have the cookie on your computer for that login screen.
    Sounds like you've overdue for cleaning out your cache, deleting cookies, etc.
    As an intermediate level geek, I do that every night after I've logged off for the day and highly recommend that habit.
    It's also called "purging (or "clearing" your cache):

First, make sure you have a record somewhere of all your passwords.

How To Clear Your Cache on Any Browser
    https://www.pcmag.com/how-to/how-to-clear-your-cache-on-any-browser

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac