Posting comments on the mobile site

Rikon Snow

03 Jul, 2020 09:23 PM

This problem has happened repeatedly on both my old phone (Android) and new phone (iPhone SE) using Chrome (on both platforms.) I type out a comment on on a story. When I select Preview, the comment disappears and is replaced by a seemingly endless stream of Taboola ads. The comment preview is nowhere to be found.

I thought I was doing something wrong when it happened on the old phone, but now that it's happened on the new phone, I thought it perhaps worthy of bringing to your attention.

Thanks for your time and attention.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 07 Jul, 2020 10:45 PM

Hello, and thanks for raising this issue. I'm sorry that you've been experiencing this difficulty and apologize also for the delayed reply.

I'd like to start by asking you a few questions to get a better handle on the matter. First, you say that it happens "repeatedly" but I assume that means not always. Is there any pattern that you can identify for the outcome?

Next, for you to report that it happens on both sorts of phones (albeit with the same browser on each) suggests to me that perhaps it's something else altogether--and maybe something happening sporadically with your internet connection. Is that a possibility? Are you seeing the instability both when you're on wi-fi and when you're using the cell phone connection?

Cell phone users don't tend to have extra bells and whistles on their devices, unlike the case for folks on desk/laptops, but is there anything else that is the same for those two devices?

Thanks for thinking about these possibilities. I'll watch for your update.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac