email today from "DKOS"

flatmotor

19 Jun, 2020 06:44 PM

“Click Here To Open” This is the subject line of an email I just received (9:32 AM June 19) from “Daily KOS”. As far as I can tell this looks like a dangerous scam or an invader looking to hack my computer. I will delete this without ever opening it, as is my habit with managing my email.
If this was a legitimate message from you folks you need to realize that most of us don’t have some of the worlds best computer geeks maintaining our personal email firewalls.
Flatmotor.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 23 Jun, 2020 10:10 PM

Hello, and thank you for raising this issue. I can appreciate your caution.

I think it might have been a hiccup in the email creation process, but I will check with staff in that department to clarify the desired subject line.

It's always up to you to decide what emails to open, no matter what. But for future reference, please know that we send our emails from [email blocked] which might help you feel more confident about the source.

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 24 Jun, 2020 02:45 PM

Hello again.

My colleagues assured me of two details of the process. First, yes, this subject line was deliberately chosen. Second, all emails we send go through a testing process relative to their subject lines. This one was actually the most successful one of that round.

So, please know that on both those grounds--the process of subject line tests and a consistent sending email address--you can be confident in the legitimacy of the emails we distribute.

3. Daily Kos Staff closed this discussion on 24 Jun, 2020 02:45 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac