The "Reason Drop-Down Box" for Sending Messages to Congress.

Roger Rugletic (unverified)

19 Jun, 2020 06:39 PM

Hi,
When I sign a message or petition, that is forwarded to senators or representatives the choices provided, such as
"government reform, social security, etc in the drop down box then disappear from your list. So, I cannot choose that reason
again for the other Congress people! Am I doing something wrong or does your program need tweaking? Please
advise. Thank you for the hard work you do every day, especially during this vile White House Administration's reign!!!
Thank you,
Roger

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Moderator1 on 20 Jun, 2020 04:15 PM

Hello, Roger and thanks for your inquiry and your kind words.

We know that it can cause annoyance and frustration not to have a fitting topic to use for your message to your legislator. Unfortunately, we don't have any control over the language that they provide. Every legislator provides a different list; we simply display what we have been given.

I wish we had a more satisfactory answer. Our usual advice is for you to pick a topic that seems to match the best. Then, if you wish, you can provide a short explanation within the body of the message to explain the subject you'd prefer to have.

Thanks for communicating with your legislators. They do need to hear from their constituents often, especially now when the stakes are so high for us. We appreciate your support of the site's mission.

2. Moderator1 closed this discussion on 20 Jun, 2020 04:15 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac