Can't Make Nor Reply to Comments- Delete Cookies No Longer Works

Edward Song

02 Jun, 2020 03:48 PM

Hello,

I can't make comments nor reply to comments. In the past, deleting the Daily Kos cookie on Safari would work. However, this technique no longer works. Is there another fix?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 02 Jun, 2020 08:28 PM

Hello, and thanks for asking. Sorry you're having this problem.

Good to know that you've already tried clearing your cookies. Did you clear your cache while you were at it? Have you also already tried to use a private window to see whether you can get the site to work properly there? The last trick is useful because most of the time it can tell you whether you have an extension on your browser that is messing things up. (The private mode disables most extensions.) Lately, we're finding extensions related somehow to privacy/security, like adblockers, Duck Duck go, and any other third party tracker blocks, can interfere with site function.

If that isn't helpful, please feel free to return with information about your browser, your operating system, and a sample URL which does not permit you to make or reply to a comment.

Thanks for your help with troubleshooting.

2. 2 Posted by Edward Song on 03 Jun, 2020 12:37 PM

Yes, I do clear the cache. Changing to a new private window did work. I hope I don't always have to use a private window on this site.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 03 Jun, 2020 04:06 PM

Thanks for the update.

The thing is, the success of the site on a private window points to the presence of an extension that conflicts when you are in a normal window.

Many extensions permit targeted applications. It's your call, of course, whether you want to check out your extensions for the possible culprit(s), and then decide once you have that information whether you want to deactivate it for Daily Kos.

If it's ads you want to block, you do have the option of purchasing an annual subscription to the site. Right now our online portal is down, but you can still mail us a check for $40. The mailing address is P. O. Box 70036, Oakland, CA, 94612. No pressure intended here, just the provision of information.

Thanks for your support of the site.

4. Daily Kos Staff closed this discussion on 03 Jun, 2020 04:06 PM.

5. Edward Song re-opened this discussion on 04 Jun, 2020 12:25 PM

6. 4 Posted by Edward Song on 04 Jun, 2020 12:25 PM

Unfortunately, I can't make comments even on a private window anymore. It started working for a while. But now I can no longer make comments. Any suggestions?

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac