Reply-links on my replies-page are not going dark after I've used them.

mettle fatigue

29 May, 2020 10:23 AM

The last one that did go properly dark seems to have been Thu May 28, 2020 at 03:14 AM PDT

Except for comments from before that day and time that got replies before then plus additional replies after then do seem to be staying dark even though they're higher up the page again.

Here's the page, in case helpful https://www.dailykos.com/user/mettle%20fatigue/replies because I've had this happen a few times before but didn't mention it, and the malfunction usually disappeared with a day or 2 at most. But it's become very tiring and time consumer trying to review all light-colored reply links in trying to figure out which are the ones I've never read/seen before.

Hoping this turns out to be an easy fix.
Thnx.
b safe, all.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 29 May, 2020 11:33 PM

Hello, and thanks for asking.

Unfortunately, I can't see what you see on these pages, since I'm not logged in as you. I understand what you are getting at, though. You're expecting the font color of the opening characters displayed on your Comment Replies page to be dark if you've visited the comment already.

Let me ask you to confirm one thing, though. The page can only tell if you've visited the comment if you get to it via that very link--either from the Comment Replies page or from the Comments page. In other words, it doesn't matter if you've been in that comment already on the main site; the old-style pages won't darken unless you actually use that hyperlink from that particular page. (It works for either of the Comments page because the Comments Replies page is basically just a subset of the full Comments page.)

If that's what you're doing, and the visited hyperlink doesn't darken, then please return to let me know and remind me of the Operating System and browser combo you use.

Thanks.

2. 2 Posted by mettle fatigue on 30 May, 2020 12:53 AM

Yes, I meant using the link starting with the replies page -- I think most kosaks notice fairly soon that it's only usage there that has that effect, much as we may wish that visiting the comment via the diary itself would also darken the replies-page link. Maybe someday in the future, huh?

At this point, the links are darkeniing nicely, tho' - I cam back to say thanks for whoever did whatever. Quite a relief! Much appreciated.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 30 May, 2020 01:01 AM

Oh good, on both counts--good that that's how you figured it should work and good that it is working better now.

Sometimes we don't always know what we've done to get things to work better. Gremlins, I guess, we can blame when things don't work as we want them to do. More seriously, yes, we'd want to fix it if the visited link color didn't change, so thanks for the alert.

Thanks for the update.

4. Daily Kos Staff closed this discussion on 30 May, 2020 01:01 AM.

5. mettle fatigue re-opened this discussion on 14 Jun, 2020 07:40 AM

6. 4 Posted by mettle fatigue on 14 Jun, 2020 07:40 AM

This problem started again maybe an hour or 90 minutes ago. ~sigh~

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac