accidentally unsubscribing

Jennifer Lee

24 May, 2020 04:11 AM

I have just repeated a mistake I've made before. Despite my continued effort to NEVER unsubscribe from ANYTHING that was from the Action Network, I just signed a petition for Whitmer's campaign, and then unsubscribed from her emails. After it's too late, a message gives you the bad news: you've just done what you've sworn, 2 or 3 times, to never do. It is all I can do to not cry my eyes out, right now. I tried to go back and sign up again, but I fear it didn't work. I read DKRec every single day. I really feel that I NEED it! Can't they at least have a screen that says "Are you sure you want to unsubscribe from the ACTION NETWORK'S emails?" before the unsub goes through? I was having so much trouble with this, that I actually started using a separate gmail account, just so I could keep my DK! So, please, I hope someone here will help me get signed up again, if I stop receiving my DK emails. Sorry to be so emotional, but you know how things are, now. I live alone, and DK is an important connection, for me. Thanks. Jennifer Lee

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Moderator1 on 27 May, 2020 04:12 PM

Hi, Jennifer

Thanks for asking what happened to your Daily Kos emails.

Apologies in advance for the long explanation to follow. But a little background is in order before I explain how to get back on to the email list, and then how to ensure you stay there.

Somehow, our emails have been marked as Spam at your address. Typically this happens without your knowledge, even before you actually receive an email, because of filters and spam-blocker settings that people's email providers maintain upstream.

We can reinstate your subscription to the Daily Kos Recommended Email list -- but there is a step that you yourself must take first. We simply cannot initiate this process ourselves, because as the senders of the email our motives would be suspect. It's a curb imposed on all senders of bulk emails, designed as a protection against spam.

Please follow this link to Action Network, the agency that manages our email list, and complete it as required. The form there will ask for your promise not to mark ANY of the emails that Action Network manages as spam. There is an unsubscribe option available for any list you may not want to be on.

Action Network asks for one business day to process your reinstatement request. Once that day has passed, please return here to confirm that you've submitted such a request to Action Network. Then we can proceed to reinstate your email.

Meanwhile, please check with your email provider AND your internet provider to ensure the emails are not diverted again. There are four key steps that are especially helpful for you to take.
    1. Make sure that your email will accept mail sent from this address: [email blocked]. Many email hosts have a built-in way for adding known senders to your preferred list.
    2. Mark one (or more) of our emails as Important, to send a signal to your email host that we are a legitimate email source.
    3. Check your spam folder for emails we've sent, and move any that you find there back to your inbox. That act also lets the email host know that you want our messages.
    4. Make sure our emails are not identified as spam on the basis of the IP address from which it comes. Action Network, our emailer, has provided a helpful list of those addresses at this link.

All of these should help. We are grateful that you asked for assistance to get back onto our list, and that you look to us for important political news and activism updates.

2. Moderator1 closed this discussion on 27 May, 2020 04:12 PM.

3. Jennifer Lee re-opened this discussion on 27 May, 2020 09:01 PM

4. 2 Posted by Jennifer Lee on 27 May, 2020 09:01 PM

Thanks for a new copy of that info. Thus far, I'm still receiving my DK Rec, thank goodness. My DK email is never marked spam, and it is all marked "important". My concern was due to my accidentally unsubscribing from a campaign letter. This time, it was too late when I realized what I did. Other times, I have caught myself just in time, and I've seen the message saying I was about to be removed from all Action Network emails. I really don't understand why it has to be all or nothing! Anyway, thanks for your kindness. I am sorry that I was overly emotional in my message, but...pandemic, right? It doesn't take much, these days.
        On Wednesday, May 27, 2020, 12:12:20 PM EDT, Moderator1 <[email blocked]> wrote:

|

5. Support Staff 3 Posted by Moderator1 on 28 May, 2020 04:57 PM

Oh, we definitely understand!

6. Moderator1 closed this discussion on 28 May, 2020 04:57 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac