Broken link

Becci Boyd (unverified)

19 May, 2020 07:51 PM

I am trying to sign the petition at the link below but keep getting an error message that says: "Sorry, this campaign doesn't appear to include a recipient that can be matched to your zip code."? This doesn't make sense! I live in Washington State & my senators are Maria Cantwell & Patty Murray, I also have signed hundreds of petitions in the past.

https://www.dailykos.com/campaigns/letters/sign-and-send-a-petition-to-your-us-senators-pass-a-pandemic-relief-bill-immediately?detail=emailaction&link_id=5&can_id=4c7b346474de754f77e9fdd4f184c88f&source=email-re-coronavirus-relief-for-statefull-default-working-families-2&email_referrer=email_808020&email_subject=re-coronavirus-relief-for-statefull-default-working-families

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 19 May, 2020 10:56 PM

Hello, and thanks for reaching out to us for help.

I am not sure why the link doesn't work for you. Would you mind trying this truncated link to see if you get the same error message? https://www.dailykos.com/campaigns/letters/sign-and-send-a-petition-to-your-us-senators-pass-a-pandemic-relief-bill-immediately Our email list does show you as resident in Washington State, so I see no obvious reason why the full link returns this error to you.

Thanks for your help with troubleshooting. I'll investigate further in the meantime.

2. 2 Posted by Gert Finkelhoff... on 19 May, 2020 11:55 PM

Nope, still not working! I even filled out all of my info AGAIN! Here is
    the link to what I get:

https://www.dailykos.com/campaigns/forms/uh-oh-this-is-an-error-page?detail=actionerror

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 20 May, 2020 12:10 AM

The additional information is helpful, thank you.

I'll check with our folks working on East Coast time in the morning. Sorry not to have an answer for you right away.

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 20 May, 2020 04:03 PM

Hello again.

I learned from my co-worker that the targeting system was a little off yesterday (an issue with our petition host). Sorry I didn't realize that then, but I can tell you that it seems to be working fine now, after a reset.

Please try to complete the petition now, and let me know here if you have any problem with it.

Thanks for your alert!

5. 5 Posted by Gert Finkelhoff... on 20 May, 2020 08:18 PM

It works, thanks for the fix.

6. Support Staff 6 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 21 May, 2020 04:32 AM

You are welcome. Thanks for the confirmation.

7. Daily Kos Staff closed this discussion on 21 May, 2020 04:32 AM.

8. Gert Finkelhoffer re-opened this discussion on 21 May, 2020 06:02 AM

9. 7 Posted by Gert Finkelhoff... on 21 May, 2020 06:02 AM

I have another question. Who the heck is VladtTheImpala? A message to
    DailyKos from this person was included in this email, any idea why?

10. Support Staff 8 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 22 May, 2020 04:00 PM

Fair question.

Your ticket was public. That means anyone could see it and make a comment, if they were so inclined. You had included your email address to be notified of any action on your thread--something that no one can see except for admins, I hasten to add!--so that's why you received the alert about it.

Sometimes those tag-along questions are relevant; sometimes they're from folks who don't know how to open their own ticket; sometimes they're just spam. Sorry that you encountered the latter kind this time.

11. Daily Kos Staff closed this discussion on 22 May, 2020 04:00 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac