I'm not sure what you did, but I now have an orange dot on the comment icon and no unread comments.

siab

15 May, 2020 08:05 PM

Was working pretty well earlier, though not picking up all unread comments. Best of luck.

1. 1 Posted by Besame on 16 May, 2020 08:18 PM

Similar situation here. Didn't have the notification dot for weeks. It appeared yesterday and properly signified unread replies and the dot vanished upon page refresh. Then, later in day, the dot reappeared and I have no unread replies. (Also the mailbox icon notification seems to be working again.)

2. 2 Posted by ninkasi23 on 16 May, 2020 09:47 PM

I have been having the same issue since yesterday (Friday 5/15). Driving me crazy checking to see if I actually do have new unread replies.

3. 3 Posted by WildIrish on 18 May, 2020 05:44 AM

Same here. Haven't had the dot for weeks, then it showed up on 5/15 and I had lots of replies I hadn't known about. I have read all of them, but the dot won't go away.

4. 4 Posted by AtaraxiaNow on 18 May, 2020 02:38 PM

Having the same problem with the orange dot that will not go away! No matter how many times I've checked through my replies to see if I missed something. I stay on top of my replies and when I have missed one, which is infrequent, I've always found the reply that needed attention. Responding and going over replies is of no help this time.
    "OUT, Damned Spot!"
    On the upside, I'm glad I came here and found out there were others having the same problem : )

The troublesome dot went away and now has come back but I see you're working on the problem, thanks!

5. 5 Posted by Eyesbright on 18 May, 2020 06:51 PM

I'm surprised that so many have only now started having this problem with the "orange dot." It's been happening to me for many months (circa shortly after the advent of the "new comments"). Aside from the ridiculous waste of my time to check and check and check for unread replies that don't exist, it's another example of ***rant deleted as an utter waste of time.***
    NOTE: I've noticed several times that the orange dot seems to (also) activate when a comment gets an additional "rec."
    Frankly, I've wondered repeatedly if ***another rant deleted.***

6. 6 Posted by siab on 18 May, 2020 08:49 PM

Eyesbright, I think it' two different problems. The first one happened when we shifted between the old and new comments, and vice versa. That never lasted more than a day, while older comments came off the list.

This one has now been continuous since I started this thread three days ago.

7. Support Staff 7 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 19 May, 2020 12:23 AM

Hi everyone. Thanks for the alert. We were fixing a related issue and inadvertently caused the problem here.

We're still working it out but a solution to this errant orange dot should be deployed soon, meaning in this case (if all goes well) within a day or two.

Sorry for the inconvenience and annoyance in the meantime. Thanks as always for keeping an eye out on the site's behavior.

8. Daily Kos Staff closed this discussion on 19 May, 2020 12:23 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac