Batch restore of purged photos

OceanDiver

09 May, 2020 05:54 PM

I added a question last week to my existing ticket but haven't heard anything, so I'm starting a new ticket. This is a plea to restore our pre-2016 image library photos. Since everything was purged overnight last December, all of us who have diaries from that era have been left in limbo. We didn't get any notice of the purge so we couldn't rebuild those before the images were lost. At the time, you folks assured us that images could be “batch restored” for those of us who only use our own images in diaries, because that would be relatively simple to do. I've asked about this a couple of times since then. The problem is that for science and nature diaries especially, which depend on images for content, stripping all the pictures makes those diaries meaningless. At the time I was thinking I might just as well delete my 200 or so pre-2016 diaries rather than have worthless diaries up, but I was assured the problem would be taken care of soon, and that wouldn't be necessary. But here we are 5 months later. FYI this isn't just a problem for me, it’s for all of us longtime members. I'm attaching a screenshot from foresterbob's piece today explaining why he doesn't bother linking. PLEASE can you make this fix?

1. 1 Posted by foresterbob on 09 May, 2020 06:21 PM

Yes, please restore these photos. In order to repost my Year of the Hornet diary from 2013, I basically had to rebuild it from scratch and reload all of the purged photos from my archives.

I filed my own request for a batch restore, and was assured on December 18, 2019, that it would happen. Five months later, I am still waiting.

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 11 May, 2020 11:07 PM

I appreciate hearing from both of you, and will indeed take this issue up with folks up the decision-making ladder. We're all sorry that it has taken so much longer than we originally expected.

3. Daily Kos Staff closed this discussion on 11 May, 2020 11:07 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac