Posting in a group

lyleoross

28 Apr, 2020 07:19 PM

I have asked to join the daily bucket and want to queue an article in their group. For the life of me, I can't figure out how to do this. The contact, Redwoodman, says I should see a standard three-bar option in the RH corner of the draft article, where I can select the group, but I get no such icon. I can't figure out how to join the group, and maybe that is the problem? I've followed the group, but I don't see a join the group option. Maybe that isn't the way it's done? Whew. Suggestions would be welcome.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Moderator1 on 28 Apr, 2020 08:11 PM

Hi

You are correct that you can't post to the group's queue unless you are a member, which is different than just following the group. I checked the members list for Backyard Science and don't see you listed under the name lyleoross.

In order to join a group you need to ask for an invitation by kosmail from one of the group's Admins, who are listed here: https://www.dailykos.com/group/Backyard%20Science/prefs

I would suggest contacting an Admin in the group who posts frequently. Click on their name in the above list and send a direct kosmail requesting an invitation.

Thanks for your support of the site.

2. Moderator1 closed this discussion on 28 Apr, 2020 08:11 PM.

3. Daily Kos Staff re-opened this discussion on 28 Apr, 2020 08:26 PM

4. Support Staff 2 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 28 Apr, 2020 08:26 PM

Hello, and thanks for asking.

Another Helpdesk admin beat me to posting the key information. I'll add a couple of other points while I'm here.

I don't know for sure, but I would guess that Milly Watt and OceanDiver are the most active admins in the Backyard Science group. (Backyard Science runs the Daily Bucket as a series.) Please return to ask for clarification if you're unfamiliar with Kosmail.

Once you are in the group, then you will have more options related to getting your own stories posted under the Backyard Science/Daily Bucket auspices. Since you're not in it now you don't see any of those options. It can take a little while to become familiar with group membership and publication, but once you have the hang of the whole system the basic steps apply to any group.

Hope these both help.

5. 3 Posted by Besame on 01 May, 2020 04:38 PM

I've been trying to send lyleross an invitation to join BYS but the invitation system is busted. I keep getting an error message - took a screen shot to show you.

6. Support Staff 4 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 01 May, 2020 05:50 PM

OK. So--looking more closely at this error message--I see that it says it's a duplicate. Is lyleoross already listed as Invited under BYS's member list? Sorry, non-BYS members (even site admins) can't see that list. But that's my first guess. So the next step is for you, lyleoross, to look in your own Kosmail for this invitation and to accept it if you see it there.

If for some reason lyleoross IS on the 'Invited` list, but the group invitation somehow went astray (lost, not delivered, etc.) then the best course of action is probably to cancel the invitation, which an Admin can do on that member list, and start afresh.

If that's not what's going on, please let me know. Thanks!

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac