No captcha image

ScottZ

26 Apr, 2020 02:34 PM

After clicking to send a message to my senators for a petition it asked me to enter the image code for a captcha but there was no image, even after reloading multiple times. I use google Chrome for my browser. I did get autoreplies from the senators, so I guess the messages were sent even though the captcha didn't go through.

1. 1 Posted by Scott Halvorson... on 27 Apr, 2020 12:01 PM

I am having the same problem, but I am using Firefox, not Google Chrome.

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 27 Apr, 2020 06:05 PM

Hello, and thank you both for asking.

When we create these petitions in which people write to their own representatives, using our suggested language to do so, we are making use of a connection that feeds your words into each representative's own communication system. We don't have any control over how they design the connections, and they do vary quite a bit from office to office in lots of details.

What is happening is that your senators have a captcha in place for incoming messages. Not all do, but you lucked out, unfortunately. It's understandable for anyone receiving large amounts of incoming messages to want to screen for bot-mail or spam, and that's what the captcha is designed to protect against.

We don't have any way to eliminate that requirement. There are browser extensions available to do the job, but that is something you would have to investigate.

It is interesting to hear that at least one of you received confirmation that your message made it through, despite the captcha barrier. That's promising, at least from our point of view.

If you wanted to make absolutely sure your message gets through, you can use this workaround. It wouldn't get counted in our statistics if you do choose this alternative, but really the most important thing is to get your opinion delivered. It's always possible for you to write a postcard or letter or email to your own representative using as much of our suggested language as you like. Or, you can call an office and leave a voicemail or talk with a staffer.

It's not as convenient as our petition method, true. But it does permit you to take part in the campaign.

We very much appreciate your participation in our campaigns.

3. Daily Kos Staff closed this discussion on 27 Apr, 2020 06:05 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac