Anyone noticing their new-message icon & reply icon nawt werkin' rite?

mettle fatigue

26 Apr, 2020 07:16 AM

Mine are staying solid black no matter how many new messages are actually on my message pages, and no matter how many unclicked replies.

This isn't actually that unusual for me, so I just check routinely, but heard today a few others mentioning it's now happening to them too.

I don't have any details other than what's mentioned here.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 28 Apr, 2020 03:42 PM

Thanks for your alert.
    Yes, it does seem to be a bug, and with the timing of your ticket it may be possible to narrow the onset of it. Do you have a guesstimate of the last day you did see it working properly?

2. 2 Posted by joedemocrat on 28 Apr, 2020 07:40 PM

I have the same issue and also reported it.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 28 Apr, 2020 08:02 PM

Thanks, yes. It's been ticketed, and the devs will investigate further. Appreciate the alert! More than one is perfectly fine. :)

4. Daily Kos Staff closed this discussion on 28 Apr, 2020 08:02 PM.

5. mettle fatigue re-opened this discussion on 29 Apr, 2020 12:35 AM

6. 4 Posted by mettle fatigue on 29 Apr, 2020 12:35 AM

FWIW, my guesstimate of onset would be last Thursday for the message icon not showing new personal kosmail alerts. That was in connection with preparing a collaborative diary for Saturday,

My replies icon hasn't worked properly for a few years now, but I've gotten used to checking routinely and have kept up ok that way.

Would not have noticed the kosmail icon not working except that I also routinely check my inbox for messages to groups.

BTW, this helpdesk thread didn't show among "your open discussions" when I came to the helpdesk in response to finding a dk email about the thread.

Thanks for yr efforts.
    Be safe.

7. Support Staff 5 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 29 Apr, 2020 02:30 PM

Thanks for the date info. That's what we have deduced. It's in the hands of the devs.
    Yes, the reply dot will be better, we hope, for the new front page.

I am closing the ticket at this point; if there's need to reopen it that's possible for either side of the conversation.

8. Daily Kos Staff closed this discussion on 29 Apr, 2020 02:30 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac