Reply function not working, other oddities

aitchdee

24 Mar, 2020 05:57 PM

Good morning Help Desk.

For approximately the last 45 minutes I have been unable to reply to comments. I am also receiving occasional error messages when I try to recommend. The messages flashed on my screen so fleetingly, I couldn't read all that they said; but I believe I caught this much: that I should contact the help desk if the problem persisted. There was an error code number, but I'm only able to recall that it began with the number four. Wish I could be more helpful.

Cheers

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 24 Mar, 2020 06:09 PM

Hello, and thanks for the alert. Sorry for the inconvenience.

The first remedy I'd suggest is for you to clear your cache for the site. If you're on the site often, your device storage capacity can be reached sooner than you might think.

The next one is to open a private or incognito window on which you use the site. You don't mention installing anything new on your browser, but it could be that one of your extensions has silently upgraded to a version that suddenly doesn't play well with our site. Since the private/incognito mode typically disables all extensions, that gives you a solid clue about whether the problem arises from your particular setup.

If neither one does the trick for you, please feel free to return, also including what operating system and browser you're using.

Thank you.

2. 2 Posted by aitchdee on 24 Mar, 2020 06:19 PM

Seems to be fine now. Thank you!

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 24 Mar, 2020 07:03 PM

You are very welcome! Thanks for the update.

4. Daily Kos Staff closed this discussion on 24 Mar, 2020 07:03 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac