Covid19 State-by-State

Limelite

21 Mar, 2020 10:27 PM

Another problem. Found a diary by one of our blog editors published (in error?) under personal profile. But it's also in our blog queue with note to publish later. Consequently, I attempted to republish to (another) blog from within the published diary. However, my pop-up menu no longer displays the Covid19 State-by-State title, only displays Readers and Book Lovers. As a result, I can't republish that way.

Do you have an answer or a fix for this problem? I'd be grateful!

Limelite
Blog Founder/Admin

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 22 Mar, 2020 02:43 PM

Hi, and thanks for asking.

Once the draft is in the queue of a group, the group name will not display in the list of groups to which it can be republished accessible to someone via the left sidebar.

Since it is in your group queue already, I'd try to post it from there. It probably won't carry the byline caption, though, since it was posted already; it's worth trying but I'm not sure of the result. If it doesn't work from there, then I'd remove the draft from the group queue. Afterwards, the group name should reappear in the "republish to blog" list displayed to you in the left sidebar of the published post.

This publishing sequence is worth a reminder to your group writers: The story can be queued to the group from within the draft post (and must be, if the goal is to have the "for X group" byline caption). But the actual publication of the story to the site MUST happen from within the group queue. Otherwise, the system does not have the chance to attach that byline caption. If you think about it, the process makes sense; this method allows the group editors/admins to retain final say about when a post has that group imprimatur.

Hope this helps.

2. Daily Kos Staff closed this discussion on 22 Mar, 2020 02:43 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac