Organ Pipe National Monument protest petition

Karen Boyd (unverified)

19 Mar, 2020 11:35 PM

I've tried 2 or 3 times to "Sign Now" the petition but can't get that screen.
This is a huge issue to me. My late husband loved cacti, especially the saguaro and the organ pipe. On our last road trip we drove from Texas to Monument Valley and The Grand Canyon. On our way we visited the park. It is so impressive. I can believe Trump's crazy vision for a border wall has already blasted so many of them out of existence. May he rest on a bed of them in hell.
On our way I read a quirky tour book that told a story of someone who kept using a saguaro for target practice. Folklore said he finally shot it up so much it fell over and killed the guy.
I understand it takes a hundred years for a saguaro to add an arm.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 20 Mar, 2020 12:51 AM

Hello, and thanks for reaching out. I can appreciate your love (and your husband's) for the desert and for these beautiful, well-adaptive plants.

There is a practical solution that works for most people who have trouble signing a petition. I am inferring from your description that when you click on a link from your email, the redirect goes to an empty page (except for header/footer) on the site, instead of a petition to sign.

If this is so, then an add-on or extension is almost certainly preventing the petition from loading properly. Try this to troubleshoot: Login to your email in a private or incognito window, which should disable all extensions. Then go to the email with the link to this petition and click on the link. The petition is very likely to load there, and you can sign it.

Longer-term, this means that some sort of extension is the source of the problem. Identifying the exact extension is then a matter of trial and error, starting with any ad blockers. You can either choose to disable it, or them, for Daily Kos or to use this workaround when you come across other petitions you want to sign.

If this solution doesn't work for you then please come back for further assistance.

Thanks for your interest in participating in this campaign. It is outrageous that this excuse for a president can manage to destroy so much.

2. Daily Kos Staff closed this discussion on 20 Mar, 2020 12:51 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac