comments

Chxmi

12 Mar, 2020 09:43 PM

The comment window on Mark Summer’s posts is not available to me. I am using the new version on an Apple iPhone. It there a setting I can check? I have no issues on any other author’s post.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 12 Mar, 2020 11:34 PM

Hello, and thanks for asking. Apologies for the inconvenience.

That is interesting and a little perplexing, to be sure. Which model of iPhone, which version of iOS, and are you on Safari or another browser?

2. 2 Posted by Chxmi on 13 Mar, 2020 02:54 AM

Thank you for your kind reply.

I am using and IPhone 10 with IOS 13.3.1. It’s been updated. I’ve had this problem for a while and I thought it was because I was using the old version of the site. I wanted to view-I wanted to view who responded to my comments. The suggestion was made that I use the new version which I did, but still do not have a comment box on Mr. Summers page. I can reply to other comments.

Chxmi

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 13 Mar, 2020 05:03 PM

Thanks for the details.
    Well, this continues to be "interesting" (which is probably not the response you want to hear). The iPhone 10 is an unusual model and our virtual machine for testing doesn't provide a match for it.
    On the more encouraging side of the ledger, however, I can say that the whole issue has been ticketed and at this point is approaching the top of the queue for developers. I think the bug will be eliminated within the next 2-4 weeks (best guess).
    In the meantime, since the one workaround didn't work for you, I wonder if another one will. I'm happy to continue troubleshooting with you if it does not.
    Will Mark Sumner's posts display their comments for you if you are on the mobile version of the site instead of on the desktop version? The mobile site is m.dailykos.com and if you're usually viewing the desktop version on your phone you're loading www.dailykos.com instead.
    The mobile version loads on mobile devices by default. Choosing the "view full site" option sets a cookie so that from that point forward the desktop should load instead. Consequently, if you want to view the mobile version, you either have to replace the www. with m. for a particular URL, or scroll way way way down to the bottom of the home page where you will see a link for "view mobile site."
    I think this should help, but again, feel free to return if it doesn't.
    Sorry for the inconvenience in the meantime. At least we know that more comprehensive relief is on the way.
    Thanks for your support of the site.

4. 4 Posted by Chxmi on 13 Mar, 2020 06:49 PM

Thanks for your reply. I did load the m. version and it indeed does load a comment box! I prefer the full site format so evidently I am usually on the www. version. Now that I know what the issue is I can switch versions if I wish to leave a comment. Once again, thank you, and peace to you and yours.

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 13 Mar, 2020 08:25 PM

Fabulous. Glad it worked out for you in the end. You are very welcome, and best wishes for health to you and yours as well.

6. Daily Kos Staff closed this discussion on 13 Mar, 2020 08:25 PM.

7. Chxmi re-opened this discussion on 13 Mar, 2020 10:02 PM

8. 6 Posted by Chxmi on 13 Mar, 2020 10:02 PM



Sent from my iPhone

9. Daily Kos Staff closed this discussion on 13 Mar, 2020 10:33 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac