password rejection

Lexie Ross (unverified)

07 Mar, 2020 11:10 PM

I had an unused writing account for which my password was written down. Your system rejected it 3 times. I then tried to put a new one in and got rejected 3 times. What's the deal. Did you change my original password?

1. 1 Posted by Lexie (unverifi... on 10 Mar, 2020 06:09 PM

My problem is listed above. I can't get into your site. Tried 3 times with old information and then tried to change password, still rejected??

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Daily Kos Staff on 10 Mar, 2020 07:44 PM

Hello, and thanks for asking. Sorry for the delayed reply.

We cannot see your password nor retrieve it for you. But we can see that you succeeded in changing it, according to our records, on Saturday, 3/7/2020.

When people present here at Helpdesk with a problem like yours, typically we are finding that the problem arises with the browser. It is very likely that your browser is still autofilling the old, obsolete password instead of the new one. Could you please check to make sure that your browser has saved the new password instead? Another option is to use a different browser entirely where you do not have a Daily Kos password saved.

We'll be watching for an update.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac